Black Wheels

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I had the same feeling with mine - before and after shots - got them powder coated in Manchester for around £60 a wheel, they were mint so didn't need a refurb before painting, also got the brakes done for around the same again and I'm happy with the results.

James

martinw

Post by martinw »

Very nice, what a difference, looks ace!

Martin
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I think it works better when the colour of the wheel contrasts with the body colour. As yours are right now they complement the black car really well. Like others have said black on black looks a bit gangsta :D escpecially the picture you have posted

Hope you are keeping well, did you decide what to do with your golf.

Our boys still occasionally enjoy a few hours online on the games which is nice and I am still searching for that perfect spec Cayman S. Got one on loan in a couple of weeks whilst the Macan is in for a service :twisted:

We are heading past yours next Easter on our way to Scotland, will drop you a line nearer the time and pop in for a coffee if the diaries permit

Send our best to the family
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

gtipirelli wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 pm I think it works better when the colour of the wheel contrasts with the body colour. As yours are right now they complement the black car really well. Like others have said black on black looks a bit gangsta :D escpecially the picture you have posted

Our boys still occasionally enjoy a few hours online on the games which is nice and I am still searching for that perfect spec Cayman S. Got one on loan in a couple of weeks whilst the Macan is in for a service :twisted:

We are heading past yours next Easter on our way to Scotland, will drop you a line nearer the time and pop in for a coffee if the diaries permit

I think i agree that there does need to be a contrast. I saw a Crayon Macan (PTS I presume) locally a couple of days back and that had powder coated black wheels and looked superb.

Yes i often hear the boys chatting away and laughing, they really did hit it off. It would be really nice if we could catch up if you are in the area, we will keep that thought and hopefully make it work.

I decided to let her (the golf) go and opted for a lovely 1.6 diesel A3 S Line on a 14 plate. I am really happy with it, drives superb and the Bang & Olufsen sound system is amazing when listening to my podcasts :lol: :lol:

So you still have the Cayman on your radar, such a lovely car, you will find the right one eventually but your patience is impressive to say the least !!
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

j5kol wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:44 am
gtipirelli wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 pm I think it works better when the colour of the wheel contrasts with the body colour. As yours are right now they complement the black car really well. Like others have said black on black looks a bit gangsta :D escpecially the picture you have posted

I think i agree that there does need to be a contrast. I saw a Crayon Macan (PTS I presume) locally a couple of days back and that had powder coated black wheels and looked superb.

Yes i often hear the boys chatting away and laughing, they really did hit it off. It would be really nice if we could catch up if you are in the area, we will keep that thought and hopefully make it work.

I decided to let her (the golf) go and opted for a lovely 1.6 diesel A3 S Line on a 14 plate. I am really happy with it, drives superb and the Bang & Olufsen sound system is amazing when listening to my podcasts :lol: :lol:

So you still have the Cayman on your radar, such a lovely car, you will find the right one eventually but your patience is impressive to say the least !!
Glad you sorted out the golf for something newer for your commuting. I bet the sound system sounds great. I am really impressed with the standard sound system in the Macan

Watch this space about the cayman, something came on to my radar last night and I may be making some calls today. I already have a buyer lined up for the golf

I will keep you posted.

You guys going abroad at half term ?, we go to Spain in 2 weeks for a litttle but of sunshine

Great to hear from you
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Oooooh sounds ominous, i will be interested to see how this develops ?

Yeah we are in Cape Verde over Half Term and then we have booked Royalton Antigua for next August, be nice to have a reunion there :P
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Oh yes Cape Verde rings a bell from our last chat

Antigua sounds very nice, our calendar is up in the air next summer with various family stuff so if we go on hols it will be last minute and likely to be in Europe. Laura might go to PGL whilst we go away so want to avoid transatlantic if that were the case

I might be about to put a deposit on a car later today. Having a major wobble because I am tight and hate to part with my hard earned :lol:

However, I know that after the event the money will be incidental as I am cruising down the road living the dream :lol:
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

J5col

Just tried to send you a PM but not sure it worked

Send one to me and I will fill you in on my fruitful Friday 8-)

2 Porsche family, the neighbours will think we have won the lottery :lol:
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S