Non OPC Wheels

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

Thanks for all the advice. For the avoidance of doubt, I think I'm going to stick with wheels that have a proven Porsche provenance.

My Macan has 21" 911 Turbo wheels with TPM. If I buy a second hand set of genuine Porsche 19" Macan Turbo wheels WITHOUT TPM sensors, can the sensors be retro fitted to those wheels? If so, can any tyre place fit them or is it a job for the OPC?

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

derekm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm Thanks for all the advice. For the avoidance of doubt, I think I'm going to stick with wheels that have a proven Porsche provenance.

My Macan has 21" 911 Turbo wheels with TPM. If I buy a second hand set of genuine Porsche 19" Macan Turbo wheels WITHOUT TPM sensors, can the sensors be retro fitted to those wheels? If so, can any tyre place fit them or is it a job for the OPC?
I think the answer is yes, although no direct experience myself. Bigboyrolo is our ‘resident expert’ as he had some rather painful experience in swapping wheels if IIRC. The non OPC fitters made a bit of a mess of the job so perhaps wise to stick to OPC.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:14 pm
derekm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:54 pm Thanks for all the advice. For the avoidance of doubt, I think I'm going to stick with wheels that have a proven Porsche provenance.

I think the answer is yes, although no direct experience myself. Bigboyrolo is our ‘resident expert’ as he had some rather painful experience in swapping wheels if IIRC. The non OPC fitters made a bit of a mess of the job so perhaps wise to stick to OPC.
Answer to derekm already offered elsewhere tonight, yes it's easy and cheaper. My TPMS problem was that after a top quality local customiser (they do Rollers and Lambos) painted my classics in Volcano to match the car (and they did a fabulous job of it), they failed to refit the TPMS sensors in the wheels, I drove home 2 miles, packed the car and set off down the A11 to France. After about 30 miles with still no TPMS registered, I telephoned them, and was assured they had been refitted. After I returned, I went there, demanded to see where the work was done, and there they were in a container on a workbench! I'm 75 miles from nearest OPC, so sometimes needs must.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16