Retro Fitting TPM Sensors

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

Got no (100% certain) answers when I added this to another thread....

My Macan has 21" 911 Turbo wheels with TPM. If I buy a second hand set of genuine Porsche 19" Macan Turbo wheels WITHOUT TPM sensors, can the sensors be retro fitted to those wheels? If so, can any tyre place fit them or is it a job for the OPC?

Appreciate your advice.

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

derekm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 pm Got no (100% certain) answers when I added this to another thread....

My Macan has 21" 911 Turbo wheels with TPM. If I buy a second hand set of genuine Porsche 19" Macan Turbo wheels WITHOUT TPM sensors, can the sensors be retro fitted to those wheels? If so, can any tyre place fit them or is it a job for the OPC?

Appreciate your advice.
Yes, I've done it to new 19" classics I bought from an OPC. They don't have to be PORSCHE supplied, which are marked VW anyway, I bought a generic set from my local tyre dealer, fitted them myself, then tyre dealer fitted new winter tyres. As long as they're the same shape, they can be fitted very easily, and they registered much faster than the originals. Think I paid £240 for the set. Lots of UK suppliers. I have photos somewhere, if you pm me , will send to you.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I wouldn't buy second hand to be honest unless there's proof of them being purchased recently, if it turns out they're 4 years old you'll only have a few years of battery life left (and they are non serviceable).
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

[/quote]
Yes, I've done it to new 19" classics I bought from an OPC. They don't have to be PORSCHE supplied, which are marked VW anyway, I bought a generic set from my local tyre dealer, fitted them myself, then tyre dealer fitted new winter tyres. As long as they're the same shape, they can be fitted very easily, and they registered much faster than the originals. Think I paid £240 for the set. Lots of UK suppliers. I have photos somewhere, if you pm me , will send to you.
[/quote]

Many thanks. I've pm'd you, although my pm's seem to have an inexplicable habit of sitting in my outbox for an indeterminate length of time!