2018 Macan S Suspension Fault yellow warning

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Driving home from Heathrow at night after about 6 weeks in the car park. Distance 75 miles. All good until after 60 miles, yellow Suspension Fault light appeared.

Took car to OPC Tonbridge next morning, they plugged it in to diagnostic confuser and asked if the car had been unused for a lengthy period. I said "yes, 6 weeks". Aha, said the service receptionist, "the battery is only at 60% and that causes spurious warnings".

Checked the car in daylight and it's massively up at the back and down at the front (air suspension). Put the battery on charge overnight and then fired the car up again. Same fault.

Back to Tonbridge and onto the confuser again. Battery good now and confuser he say "No Faults Present"!

Taken home in wife's Fiat 500.

Car remains at OPC. Nobody any the wiser.

Ho-Hum, we're supposed to be driving to Nice next week!

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Sounds like the suspension computer (there must be one) needs re-booting. I bet they don't find a cause.
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

The saga continues. At about 0900 this morning, Car Connect alerted me to the fact that my Macan was exceeding the speed limit on the local bypass! Either they'd fixed it or the car had been nicked!

Turns out that they identified the fault as a blown air compressor fuse, changed that and were "road testing" the car before handing it back to me.

Apparently, the compressor blows air into a tank and when this has dissipated to the extent that more air is required, the compressor is called on to refill the tank. This explains how I was able to drive 60 odd miles from Heathrow before the yellow Suspension Fault message popped up.

So I got the Missus to take me to the OPC, collected the Macan and had not gone more than 300m before the effing warning returned.

Car back with OPC.
Paul

Post by Paul »

☹️ (x2)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Getting there? This morning, Tonbridge OPC called to say that each time they replace the fuse, it blows again.....so they have determined that the fault lies either with the compressor or its relay.

Happily they have ordered both parts for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully one or the other (or both?) will resolve the problem and we can set sail for France on Tuesday next.
Paul

Post by Paul »

oldpilot wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 am Getting there? This morning, Tonbridge OPC called to say that each time they replace the fuse, it blows again.....so they have determined that the fault lies either with the compressor or its relay.

Happily they have ordered both parts for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully one or the other (or both?) will resolve the problem and we can set sail for France on Tuesday next.
Fingers crossed!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Latest news.....

OPC called at the end of today and said they had replaced the relay and the fuse was still blowing, so they also changed the compressor and all seems good. Car was road tested and will be delivered back to me tomorrow morning. £2000 job (they said) thankfully under warranty.

I asked if they had seen this fault before and they mentioned that elderly Cayennes went through a period of air suspension issues but my Macan was the first they'd seen on this type.

Hopefully the end of the saga.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Make sure you do a good few runs before Tuesday -over some rough stuff, change the heights etc etc......
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
Current 992 S Cab
oldpilot

Post by oldpilot »

Thanks Paul!

Car was delivered yesterday morning, spotlessly clean and I have tried all suspension modes and all seems good.

End of Story.