All weather tyres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
nigel@netshift.com

Post by nigel@netshift.com »

Can anyone recommend all weather tyres for my Macan

Front 265/45 R20
Rear 295/40 R20

The car has done 29,000 miles and the original tyres (Michelin Lattitude) are in quite good shape (front 4.5mm, Rear 3.5mm) but I've noticed they are classed as summer tyres so thinking of a change before winters hits us

thanks

Nigel

happy days

Post by happy days »

Michelin Latitude Tour HP came as originals on mine. Lasted well.
Macan S D
718 S
VanB

Post by VanB »

Likewise had Michelin Latitude Tour HPs on my GTS and they were very hard wearing but why not get a set of full winters?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Are you sure your tyres are summer tyres??

Michelin Latitude Tour HP are all season tyres.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Does not the confusion on this topic arise as Michelin Latitude Tour HP are what I would call old-style all-season tyres that do not satisfy the Alpine symbol (snowflake symbol) (required in some EU countries in winter) as many more modern all-season tyres eg Michelin Cross Climate or Goodyear Vector All seasons do. I am not aware of any of the "Snowflake all seasons" have yet been granted N standard by Porsche. If that ever happens I would be very interested in trying them but in the meantime, I am running separate summer and winter wheel and tyre sets
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

I just popped in to see what is the current thinking on all season tyres.
I've had my Macan since March 2016 and I spec't it with the "All Seasons" tyres
I was a bit disappointed to find it was shod with Mitchelin Latitude Tour and that did not have the "Peaky" Symbol on it.

I probably won't drive to the Alps This season, but the original tyres are starting to get a bit worn now at 33K miles.
I like the thought of not having to change tyres twice a year just on the "off chance" of an Alpine trip.

So I'm looking to see what I can replace them with.

There is now a Mitchelin CrossClimate Plus and I'm going to check now if I can put it on the Macan.. (Porsche are pretty fussy)

I'm still trying to work it out....
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SilverTurfer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:37 pm I just popped in to see what is the current thinking on all season tyres.
I was a bit disappointed to find it was shod with Mitchelin Latitude Tour and that did not have the "Peaky" Symbol on it.

I probably won't drive to the Alps This season, but the original tyres are starting to get a bit worn now at 33K miles.
I like the thought of not having to change tyres twice a year just on the "off chance" of an Alpine trip.

There is now a Mitchelin CrossClimate Plus and I'm going to check now if I can put it on the Macan.. (Porsche are pretty fussy)

Porsche do not approve Michelin Cross Climate for the Macan.
You can check what they do here http://tyreselector.porsche.com/widget/gb
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 pm
SilverTurfer wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:37 pm I just popped in to see what is the current thinking on all season tyres.

Porsche do not approve Michelin Cross Climate for the Macan.
You can check what they do here http://tyreselector.porsche.com/widget/gb
The cynic in me suspects that Porsche (like BMW) are too busy selling full winter tyre wheel sets to owners of their cars for then to ever approve a modern all-season tyre meeting "snowflake" standard.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SilverTurfer

Post by SilverTurfer »

I visited my local Tyre dealer today to find out about "N0" tyres and why Porsche insist on them.

Jeff at Tyre Pros in Royston sorted me out.

So now I know, the "N0" is a tyre structure that can take the sideways shear force created by cornering.

A bit dissapointed .... I liked the sound of the
CrossClimate Plus.

So now I'm limited to the Latitude Tours.

Cheers for the tip off.
Macan S Diesel Sapphire Blue, Red Devil interior
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJ7CL24 taken delivery 19th March 2016
Pix in Gallery
Guy

Post by Guy »

SilverTurfer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:51 pm I visited my local Tyre dealer today to find out about "N0" tyres and why Porsche insist on them.

Jeff at Tyre Pros in Royston sorted me out.

So now I know, the "N0" is a tyre structure that can take the sideways shear force created by cornering.

A bit dissapointed .... I liked the sound of the
CrossClimate Plus.

So now I'm limited to the Latitude Tours.

Cheers for the tip off.
But if you replace your Latitude Tours the new ones will no longer meet the German winter tyre definition, whereas the old ones do (assuming that they were purchased before Jan 18)