Rear Rotor Specification?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Wellardmac

Post by Wellardmac »

I have a 2018 Macan GTS and I'm struggling to find the specs on the rear rotors, as I can't read them on the rotor itself. Does anyone have the front and rear specs for Porsche rotors?

Thanks!

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Wellardmac wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:06 pm I have a 2018 Macan GTS and I'm struggling to find the specs on the rear rotors, as I can't read them on the rotor itself. Does anyone have the front and rear specs for Porsche rotors?

Thanks!
What do you mean by 'specs'? What information do you want?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

By rotors, do you mean wheels? The rotor is a term usually associated with the rotating part of an electric motor as opposed to the stator which is a term for the fixed windings that do not rotate.

The rear wheel on a 2020 GTS is described as 10Jx20 ET26. So the width of the rim is 10 inches, it has a J profile and the wheel diameter is 20 inches. The wheel is built with a positive offset of 26mm. I think you will find that those details are unchanged for earlier versions of the Macan with 20" wheels. If by specification you mean the material specification, I have no idea. As Nick has said you need to provide further details of what information you are after.
Last edited by On-Track on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I think Wellardmac is looking for replacement discs and pads info [part nos.] for his 2018 model Macan GTS .

In USA speak "Brake rotors are an important component in the braking system that stops your vehicle. Brake rotors (they're also called brake discs) are what your vehicle's brake pads clamp down on to stop the wheels from spinning. ... Like other brake parts, there are several different types of brake rotors available."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:36 am I think Wellardmac is looking for replacement discs and pads info [part nos.] for his 2018 model Macan GTS .

In USA speak "Brake rotors are an important component in the braking system that stops your vehicle. Brake rotors (they're also called brake discs) are what your vehicle's brake pads clamp down on to stop the wheels from spinning. ... Like other brake parts, there are several different types of brake rotors available."
Two countries separated by a common language :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Disc.png

This is from a UK parts site, hope it helps.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Wellardmac

Post by Wellardmac »

Correct. i was looking for the minimum thickness on the rotor/brake disc before it needs replacing. Thanks for the answer Rab J.
Comfortably Numb

Post by Comfortably Numb »

They're the same as the diesal S starting life at 34mm at the front and 22mm at the back then the min thickness becomes 32 and 20 according to the macan manual.
Apparently this only really matters if you permanently drive it hard and can go less.