New non OEM wheel centres

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Bought these on line from Reason Porsche in Ipswich, they turned up today and they look to be decent quality. I will fit them tomorrow and report back. Only 40 quid, so I was not expecting much.

These are the chrome ones for the 21” 911 style wheels.

photo 12-05-2020, 19 56 44.jpg

photo 12-05-2020, 19 56 37.jpg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

adam b

Post by adam b »

have had sets of ebay for £20 in the past, corrode at the same pace as OEM ones, and for 8 times less
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

adam b wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:33 pm have had sets of ebay for £20 in the past, corrode at the same pace as OEM ones, and for 8 times less
Have not seen the alternative version in Black Satin as yet, only gloss black.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Well they are not a great colour match, a bit too chrome:

IMG_3347.jpg

June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Caps come in chrome or silver (or black or grey) with either monochrome badges or colour badges.

I bought two non OEM sets on Ali Express and the colour match for the Macan is very good. I suspect you have chrome rather than silver and silver would be a better match

The caps on Ali Express do not show the Porsche logos, I guess for copyright reasons. The badges are stuck on rather than painted on but about 1/20th of the OPC price and they look pretty good

I'd remove them before taking the car to an OPC though as they might remove them if they are infringing copyright
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Madelvic wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm Caps come in chrome or silver (or black or grey) with either monochrome badges or colour badges.

I bought two non OEM sets on Ali Express and the colour match for the Macan is very good. I suspect you have chrome rather than silver and silver would be a better match

The caps on Ali Express do not show the Porsche logos, I guess for copyright reasons. The badges are stuck on rather than painted on but about 1/20th of the OPC price and they look pretty good

I'd remove them before taking the car to an OPC though as they might remove them if they are infringing copyright
The silver ones are very different, I have them on my winter wheels. The originals are definitely chrome.