Air Suspension - Pictures

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Hi,
I have read many threads and comments on the difference in feel between steel and air.

On a Macan S, does anyone have pictures of the car at its lowest setting to show the comparison against normal ride height? Is there a noticeable difference from how the car sits?

Thanks
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc

Donald.m

Post by Donald.m »

Excuse the dirt...!

B499B388-82B5-48CA-AD38-8177EAE3DBED.jpeg

61FAD5D1-0925-48E3-BD3C-511925B8E4C8.jpeg

Generally leave it in low setting, it does look lower than pics suggest in reality
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thanks for the pictures. Certainly doesnt look like a huge difference. As you say, perhaps more noticeable in real life.

Nice Macan 8-)
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I keep mine in low setting, I can notice if the wife puts it in the high setting. It just looks that little bit cooler when it’s lower.

Mine is Diesel though, if that makes any difference.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Although the look effect is minor, I do definitely feel the improvement in handling on a twisty road in the lower position which I usually run the car in unless offroad.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I see some Macans and think they are noticeably lower (when driving). I am assuming this is air. I much prefer the lower look although not too low. Just enough to give it a slightly better road stance with the right size wheels (not too big).
I have air on my car with 20s (yet to collect) so i hope it does have the slightly lower look.
nass

Post by nass »

Air suspension Macans are by default 1.5 cm lower than steel ones so they look lower anyway.
"Low" setting adds another 1 cm, which in my eyes does not make a difference.
The second stage means stepping up to the class-exclusive self-leveling air suspension, which is paired with PASM and allows the driver to adjust ride height with a range of 1.97 inches. Macans with air suspension sit 0.59 inches lower than their steel-sprung counterparts at normal ride height, and can be lowered another 0.39 or raised 1.58 inches for a maximum ground clearance of 9.06 inches
https://www.pca.org/news/2014-07-30/201 ... t-housecat
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

You really need to see two together to compare.

I’ve air on my GTS and always on it’s lowest setting.

Drove past SD the other day and unless it was in its highest setting i felt about foot lower (seat in its lowest setting as well). The difference obviously wasn’t that much but I was a little shocked at how it felt from inside the car.
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

air and 20" just perfect.