Anyone replaced their TPMS yet?

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Hi all,
As our Macans get a little older is it not highly likely that the batteries in our TPMS will fail?
I do believe reading somewhere that around 4 years seems to be the limit.
Now, I am sure our OPCs will be offering to replace for many £100s in accordance with Porsche recommended time limits but I found these on teile.com.
Seem very reasonable as they are advertised as genuine Porsche ( well VW AG ) products.
As with all things 'technical' I highly suspect this will not be a simple 'plug and play' replacement and will require a 'special monitoring tool' only the OPC has access to in order to set them up correctly.
Anyone have any experience or knowledge in this matter?

IMG_2386.PNG

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bigboyrolo will be along shortly if he’s read this......
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Definitely is plug and play, my winter wheels that were new to the car this year registered no problem after a few miles driving.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

We too bought new TPMS when we got 2nd hand winter wheels. We got them from e-Bay. Used this seller twice and were very happy. No problems with the sensors being recognised by the cars. They were fitted by the tyre fitter when putting new tyres on the wheels:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Genuine-n ... 3725617383

But I am unsure how long the batteries are meant to last.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0