Question on Camber and Toe

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Hi All,

Just had all four tyres replaced by a Black Circles 5* garage. Went for the Pirelli P Zero 21" replacing like for like.

After fitting the tyres and testing all was well, the garage did a tracking test and advised the front and rear 'toe' needed adjustment as well as the camber. The quite they have to fix it was £212. I was told they've been caused by pot holes and speed bumps in the road.

It's the first time I had been advised to make these adjustments so told them I would think about it and ask the forum. I drove home from the garage and didn't experience any pull to the left or the right when the steering was central and on a flat surface.

Also, I've just had the 111-point check completed in December at East London Porsche. Is the Tracking/Camber/Toe something they should have checked?

Thanks for your advice and feedback in advance.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Col M

Post by Col M »

Sorry first read the title as camel toe. They certainly do not form part of the 111 check (just uneven tyre wear).
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You can either watch your tyres like a hawk looking for signs of uneven wear or "feathering" or you can go for the 4 wheel alignment. I last had it done in 2017, having spotted feathering on the offside front, and talked my OPC down from £350 to £200 so the price you've been quoted is not too bad.

My wheels were realigned today following the fitting of new springs on the rear and the front adjustment was still good after three years. Obviously, the rear suspension needed aligning.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Col M wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 pm Sorry first read the title as camel toe.
:lol:
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

On-Track wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm You can either watch your tyres like a hawk looking for signs of uneven wear or "feathering" or you can go for the 4 wheel alignment. I last had it done in 2017, having spotted feathering on the offside front, and talked my OPC down from £350 to £200 so the price you've been quoted is not too bad.

My wheels were realigned today following the fitting of new springs on the rear and the front adjustment was still good after three years. Obviously, the rear suspension needed aligning.
Thanks for the feedback mate. Will probably go back and get them aligned for peace of mind. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being fudged for £200 without doing a little research.