Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Took mine out a run this afternoon. Beautiful sunny skies until I got about 3 miles down the road when the rain started, soooooo cross. Think I might sue the BBC for such inaccuracy in their forecast.

Arrived home, all the gear out and just over 2 hours later she is washed, dried, all the crevices blown out with warm air to stop drips and tyres all shiny. Tucked up again in the warm garage. Feel more relaxed now :lol:

TD444

Post by TD444 »

Ha Ha..... That's NI for you.... :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm Took mine out a run this afternoon. Beautiful sunny skies until I got about 3 miles down the road when the rain started, soooooo cross. Think I might sue the BBC for such inaccuracy in their forecast.

I see where you made the mistake, should have gone up the road not down, weather warm and sunny here all day. :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I did actually go up the road, towards the North Coast. You would be down the road from me Rab.

Here in NI we always seem to get our ups and down mixed and they are interchangeable pretty much.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Bazza, do you dilute the snowfoam or use it neat and let the pressure washer add water?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wouldn't ever use snow form undiluted. Depends on the brand, I use Valet Pro PH neutral and just needs a couple of squirts from my dispenser and then top up with water. That's for a 1 litre foam bottle.
Col M

Post by Col M »

MCDK wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm Took mine out a run this afternoon. Beautiful sunny skies until I got about 3 miles down the road when the rain started, soooooo cross. Think I might sue the BBC for such inaccuracy in their forecast.

Arrived home, all the gear out and just over 2 hours later she is washed, dried, all the crevices blown out with warm air to stop drips and tyres all shiny. Tucked up again in the warm garage. Feel more relaxed now :lol:
Yeah I should have studied meteorology when I was at university to get a job where you have to be correct half the time seems a joy.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

MCDK wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:23 pm I did actually go up the road, towards the North Coast. You would be down the road from me Rab.

Here in NI we always seem to get our ups and down mixed and they are interchangeable pretty much.
Sorry, always had it in my head that all the locals on here were from south of Belfast. It was so nice I couldnt see it raining on the north coast but a daughter who was on a tour there with friends also told me it rained quite heavily . Must just be the sunny Ballymena beach that got all the good weather. ;)
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Taz

Post by Taz »

Just booked my Macan Turbo in with a detailer in Rochdale for the ceramic coating - will report back when done.

The car is 8 weeks old and with 600 miles (so far) on the clock (I don't like to rush things !!). So I decided to give the paint some added protection. I have been looking round for a suitable company and came across several references to this chap so I thought that I would see what his work is like.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

This thread may be a little diluted from its original purpose but I thought I would post this handy item of interest for the home detailers ;) ; a “clay mitt” :?

It is acknowledged that claying is needed to remove final persistent contaminations but it is certainly a labour of love rubbing a 1” block of clay over the entire car. This clay mitt, which is certainly not clay but some rubber polymer seems to work towards making that final glassy finish for wax or sealant, or prior to polishing if you are going all the way :roll:

It more ‘clay light’ in what it does but covers the ground as quickly as a sponge would when used after final washing and as such I've used it with a good soapy bucket of water with frequent rinses against my hand of microfibre, as we don’t want to induce further scratches do we :shock:

On first use I definitely felt it improved the finish for minimum effort.

Has anyone seen any good or bad reviews for this sort of tool? On Amazon in various flavours mine is clearly Chinese rip off in origins and packaging!

mitt.jpg

991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960