A good wash & polish

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Re: A good wash & polish

Post by MCDK » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm
I use a water filter from Race Glaze for the final rinse on the car as it just sheets off and saves time and potential scratches from drying with a towel. I also bought a cheap leaf blower to blow the sitting water from the mirrors and doors, sad I know, but it works for me.
Nothing sad about that! I spend ages making sure there aren't any drips appearing when I don't want them, I use a dog dryer though not a leaf blower.

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm

MCDK wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote:
I use a water filter from Race Glaze for the final rinse on the car as it just sheets off and saves time and potential scratches from drying with a towel. I also bought a cheap leaf blower to blow the sitting water from the mirrors and doors, sad I know, but it works for me.
Nothing sad about that! I spend ages making sure there aren't any drips appearing when I don't want them, I use a dog dryer though not a leaf blower.
Not sad at all. I also found the same resin RaceGlaze sells for a fraction of the cost (or at least when I bought it in April). At the time I paid £45. It doesn't seem to be there any more. This was my bookmark. https://www.vyair.com/25-litre-water-so ... gIw5PD_BwE Maybe call Vyair and ask why it has been removed.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Nosmo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm
MCDK wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:
Not sad at all. I also found the same resin RaceGlaze sells for a fraction of the cost (or at least when I bought it in April). At the time I paid £45. It doesn't seem to be there any more. This was my bookmark. https://www.vyair.com/25-litre-water-so ... gIw5PD_BwE Maybe call Vyair and ask why it has been removed.
I am another that uses a filter and also use Tulson 115 resin which is one of the best around.
There has been for most of the year a general shortage of the Tulson 115 resin.
The beads in the resin were banned so the manufacturer had to reformulate it.

So there was a shortage and high demand pushes price up for anyone that has it. I usually also purchase from Vyair but not needed any for a number of months and can’t see them selling Tulsion anymore.....

There are alternative resins but I have not found them anywhere near as good as Tulsion and never lasted anywhere near as long. So expect some price increases but racegalze price is a little crazy. They are a very good and reputable company to use though.

I use a dog dryer too which is great around mirrors and wheels. 😀
GTS 😀

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Kasfranks99 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Nosmo wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm
MCDK wrote:

I am another that uses a filter and also use Tulson 115 resin which is one of the best around.
There has been for most of the year a general shortage of the Tulson 115 resin.
The beads in the resin were banned so the manufacturer had to reformulate it.

So there was a shortage and high demand pushes price up for anyone that has it. I usually also purchase from Vyair but not needed any for a number of months and can’t see them selling Tulsion anymore.....

There are alternative resins but I have not found them anywhere near as good as Tulsion and never lasted anywhere near as long. So expect some price increases but racegalze price is a little crazy. They are a very good and reputable company to use though.

I use a dog dryer too which is great around mirrors and wheels. 😀
Ahh, is that what's driving the price up. I will keep you posted if I find a good alternative although the 45 quid deal seams to be gone...
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Return to “Cleaning and Detailing”