Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Re: Detailing and washing your Macan

Post by MCDK » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Haven't ever used a mitt but it seems to be generally agreed they can cause more damage and marring than a clay bar. Not a huge issue if you are planning correction stage but why make more work for yourself as there will already be some marks to polish out I'm sure.

Ferdie

Post by Ferdie » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:03 pm

MCDK wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:02 pm
Haven't ever used a mitt but it seems to be generally agreed they can cause more damage and marring than a clay bar. Not a huge issue if you are planning correction stage but why make more work for yourself as there will already be some marks to polish out I'm sure.
I can believe that, you would definitely need to work very clean to minimise that risk, and if you are the sort that worries about the damage a microfibre cloth could do its not for you :D . As you say if you are polishing following, or intend to do it in your yearly cycle the compromise may be OK ;)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
Macan SD - Night Blue

wizzzard

Post by wizzzard » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 am

Such an awesome thread that needs a bump.

Thanks to Col for all the info at the start.

I'm thinking of getting some sort of protection on my GTS for the next few years...

:arrow:
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

Return to “Cleaning and Detailing”