Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yep but as I said Exo is not ceramic and it provides the visual beading effect. There are reasons why Gtechniq make their better products only available for pro application. CSL is the light version for DIY.
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

With CSL offering 80% of the performance of Ultra, and 5 years to the good, I can live with that. My original disagreement/comment is that ceramic coatings do not need to be left to a pro to apply.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

MCDK wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm Ceramic doesn’t cause the beading so how do you know your ceramic costing is effective. It’s whatever you put on top that causes beading and the effect is basically appearance only.

And it’s the prep stage where the paint surface is refined that is equally important for appearances and longevity of the ceramic coating. Again that’s best left to a pro to do a proper preparatory job rather than an amateur with a DA polisher. Really needs a rotary which is not a DIY job.
I may be wrong here, but it's not the machine that gets rid of the swirl marks and corrects paint defects as far as I know from my research, it's the compound and pad combination that does the work. I have used a DA for some years now without any problems but not the expensive professional one. I have also used it on a friends ancient Boxster before he sold it and the difference must have added a couple of hundred pounds to the value. Detailing is like Golf, another wonder product will come along every month to make your life easier or your drive longer and straighter. I stick with what I like and will occasionally try new products but not Ceramic Coatings for the reasons stated before plus the threat of water spots although they can easily be removed using Vinegar I believe as my neighbour found out. Best product I have bought is without any doubt the Race Glaze water filter. Had for some years and replace the resin annually. I would never knock anyone else's opinion or methods and the above is just an observation.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
ultramega

Post by ultramega »

Unless you take the seats out, are you even really cleaning it?

PXL_20210621_135315885.jpg

2017 Macan Turbo PP, Carmine Red w/ pebble/agate inside.
Too many options to list.
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

:shock: :shock:

Fair play! :D
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

WOW! Now that's thorough!!

Just had my goody box arrive from Gtechniq, ready for when I collect the car on Thursday. Going to be a pleasant 3 days in the garage...!
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Very sad or terrible eczema :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Times change and other products become available.

I have had Gtechniq coating applied for five years and it still look great.

Graphine costings have advanced sine I started this thread and are probably worth considering if having a paint correction and protective coating applied is on your to do list.

Not watched this video myself but I suggest that you do your research and decide which is best for you.

There is also the Detailing Workd forum if you want to be a real nerd/geek and learn everything there is to know.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags