Cordless polisher / buffer

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Does anyone use one and have any thoughts on how good they are or recommendations?

I’ve been thinking of getting one, mostly to buff after waxing tbh, but it’s been surprisingly difficult to find any reviews.

Many thanks

Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Can’t comment as I don’t use one but the lads at just car care have given me plenty of advice. Sure if you phoned them they’d happily help.

They’ve got a decent presence on Instagram etc if you wanted to look and the shop is worth a visit if your local. I’ll post the website.

https://www.justcarcare.co.uk/
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

I bought one of these from Slim's Detailing:

https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/collec ... ishing-kit

I don't use it on my Macan as it's coated but have machine polished a number of cars had have been please with the DA polisher. I gave them a call and explained what I was after and they were very helpful. You may want different pads and polish, I'm sure they could put together a kit that would meet your needs.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Rusco wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:04 pm Does anyone use one and have any thoughts on how good they are or recommendations?

I’ve been thinking of getting one, mostly to buff after waxing tbh, but it’s been surprisingly difficult to find any reviews.

Many thanks
I would suggest looking at Flex tools range of cordless machines . However your description of what you want to use it for isn’t really what a polisher is designed for. These machines are for defect/swirl removal prior to applying wax or coatings.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

If you've never used a polisher before I'd recommend a Dual Action unit, much safer on your paintwork but you can still make a mess of your paintwork.
What I would say is, have a good read on Detailing World. There are some good guys/gals on their but it may blow your mind. Lots of different makes and price ranges.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Thanks for the replies and suggestions 👍🏻
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Hi, don't be afraid of using a DA machine. They are easy. Just have to be careful choosing the correct pads and compounds (if you are doing a paint correction). Wax can be applied and removed also using them.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:25 pm If you've never used a polisher before I'd recommend a Dual Action unit, much safer on your paintwork but you can still make a mess of your paintwork.
What I would say is, have a good read on Detailing World. There are some good guys/gals on their but it may blow your mind. Lots of different makes and price ranges.
I echo the above.

Detailing World is the place to go and join if you are the slightest bit OCD about the bodywork on your car.

My what is now a very long thread on Washing and Detailing Your Macan started off after I read up all the ins and outs of paintwork correction and maintenance on the Detailing World website.

I am far from OCD but the level of work some of the guys go to in finishing their motor is mind boggling.

BTW
When my Macan arrived instructions to the OPC was just to remove the protective film, to do no washing or anything that involved physically touching the paintwork.

Dropped it off at the Pro Detailer and when I went to collect it three days later they said it took them over a working day to Correct the paintwork, hence if you do it yourself to take it slow are careful.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags