Wheel Woolie Size

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Had a quick search but to no avail.

Can anyone advise on the best size wheel woolie to clean the barrel of GTS 20” Spyders?

24”? 18”? 12”? 8”?

Thanks.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I bought this set specifically to clean these alloys. The largest one does most of the work needed i find.

Wheel Woolies - 3 Piece Original Wheel Cleaning Brushes (A Kit) Genuine From USA

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:23 pm I bought this set specifically to clean these alloys. The largest one does most of the work needed i find.

Wheel Woolies - 3 Piece Original Wheel Cleaning Brushes (A Kit) Genuine From USA

+1
I also bought a set of these to use on the spiders on my Cayenne. I have literally have every wheel brush ever sold and these are the best by far. Not only great for the face of the wheel, they also easily clean the inside rim without removing knuckles and the smaller ones are handy for cleaning the callipers. Just make sure you get the proper ones and don't be tempted but the many cheaper imitations.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

If you are looking specifically at cleaning the barrels then the largest in the 3 part set is perfect.
Dave
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

DaveS wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:08 pm If you are looking specifically at cleaning the barrels then the largest in the 3 part set is perfect.
Thanks all. Yes specifically the barrels. I had not too dissimilar wheels on my A45 and I found using a microfibre cloth was best for getting in to every corner and also for cleaning behind the face.

Buy cheap buy twice I was told many years ago so only the originals of course!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Also as Woolies but a little cheaper

https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/shop/m ... 3-brushes/
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Don’t know how to link but google Anachem Automotive. They are a N Irish company making excellent detailing products but also have an agency for Wheel Woolies.

Worth treating yourself to some of their products too as they are great. Hybrid is an amazing Quick Detailer for one.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Thanks again.

I’ll keep them in mind for the future. Currently using Auto Finesse quick retailer and have done for around 4 years. Got nearly a full bottle still.
happy days

Post by happy days »

MCDK wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:15 am Don’t know how to link but google Anachem Automotive. They are a N Irish company making excellent detailing products but also have an agency for Wheel Woolies.
I used to be their accountant!
Macan S D
718 S