Winter Ceramic Coating.

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Thought I’d get her winter coat on whilst we have a few dry/warm ish days.
Plastics and Wheels prepped and protected with CQuartz DLux.
Body work was given as light buffing with Scholl S20 to remove any residual wash swirls and clay marring, followed by two coats of Cquartz UK3.0 followed by a quick wipe down with CQuartz Reload.
Tyres to be dressed with Meguirs endurance gel when my new bottle arrives, then onto the interior.
A few days hard work, but she is gleaming and ready to take what ever the British weather chucks at her.

D4441C4E-AEED-43A7-B341-E5E82A9EF2CC.jpeg

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Nice work, looks great!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Thanks..was blooming hard work, but having been out in it today after having finished it yesterday, it looks amazing in the sun.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I paid someone to do mine as I could not spend that amount of time doing it. Looks great though.

Did you do anything with the interior leather?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 pm I paid someone to do mine as I could not spend that amount of time doing it. Looks great though.

I haven’t started the on the interior yet, but my go to for leather would be gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Clossie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 pm I paid someone to do mine as I could not spend that amount of time doing it. Looks great though.

I haven’t started the on the interior yet, but my go to for leather would be gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.
I used Gliptone in my old BM 535d, but in the Macan the leather is perforated and the cream just gets stuck in the perforations. I’ve not yet found anything that I can use.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

Try using less product and put the product on a microfibre cloth first, rub it into the cloth so there’s no cleaner visible then wipe the leather down with the microfibre. Takes a b it longer but stops lose cream getting into the perforations.
Also get a soft bristle brush (like for shoe polishing) and if you do deposit cleaner in the holes, gently agitate it with the brush before wiping away.
If all else fails, a bucket of very hot water, a pair of sturdy waterproof gloves and a microfibre cloth should help
Lift some of the grime out. You could always use a little apc in water, but you’ll still have to condition after.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

:shock: ....those scratches above and below the doors!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:46 pm :shock: ....those scratches above and below the doors!
Ok, you’ve had me looking...what are you seeing that I’m not? :D
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

AndyC160 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:46 pm :shock: ....those scratches above and below the doors!
I think you are just trying to frighten him :lol: Its so shiny, it looks like a street lamp(?) reflection ;)
Good colour by the way 8-)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960