Winter Ceramic Coating.

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

I think you are just trying to frighten him :lol: Its so shiny, it looks like a street lamp(?) reflection ;)
Good colour by the way 8-)
:-) I have been out this morning and had a good look as he specifically mentioned above and below the doors I thought maybe it was the lamppost reflection or when talking under the door perhaps the PPF on the rear arch, or just a wind up.
Either way—I’ve double/triple checked and unless I’m Steve Wonder I can’t see any scratches (I’d be suffering from nervous breakdown if there was..especially as I’ve only owned it two months and it was immaculate.). :-). No harm no foul.

AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Sorry...yes it was just a wind up! 8-)

I think it's the reflection of the streetlight. You've achieved a wonderful mirror finish ;)
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Clossie

Post by Clossie »

AndyC160 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:18 pm Sorry...yes it was just a wind up! 8-)

I think it's the reflection of the streetlight. You've achieved a wonderful mirror finish ;)
Thank you. I kinda knew it was :-)
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm
Clossie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:42 pm I paid someone to do mine as I could not spend that amount of time doing it. Looks great though.

Did you do anything with the interior leather?
I haven’t started the on the interior yet, but my go to for leather would be gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.
I used Gliptone in my old BM 535d, but in the Macan the leather is perforated and the cream just gets stuck in the perforations. I’ve not yet found anything that I can use.
I have used Gtechniq Leather Guard on my BMW seats for several years, does a great job if applied every 3-6 months. Even used on the steering wheel to keep oils out of the pours and stops the leather going 'shiny'. It's a clear liquid, applied with an applicator sponge, so no problems with the perforation holes in your seats.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

F1 Nut wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:48 pm
Clossie wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:45 pm

I haven’t started the on the interior yet, but my go to for leather would be gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner.
I used Gliptone in my old BM 535d, but in the Macan the leather is perforated and the cream just gets stuck in the perforations. I’ve not yet found anything that I can use.
I have used Gtechniq Leather Guard on my BMW seats for several years, does a great job if applied every 3-6 months. Even used on the steering wheel to keep oils out of the pours and stops the leather going 'shiny'. It's a clear liquid, applied with an applicator sponge, so no problems with the perforation holes in your seats.
Thank you. I think this is what the detailing guys used initially, but I would like to keep it up going forwards. How often would I need to do that?

Thanks
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.