Pleased with my cleaning efforts

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PJV997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm Looks great! 💦

Love the wheels! 😎
Thanks - I’m really pleased with the wheels, one of my better choices on the confuserator!

One of the best wheel designs ever offered on the Macan! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PJV997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:53 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:33 pm Looks good. I'm having mine GTechniq coated FOC by my OPC on my next one. Did they supply any washing supplies/advice for use at home? Apparently comes with a 5 year guarantee? I'll only know if it works properly when all the dead flies splattered on my bonnet come off without any effort!! Hopefully won't be disappointed..
Sounds like I paid £899 too much!

I did get a nice case with half a dozen products in, together with a few microfibre cloths. I haven’t used all of the products yet, but what I have used seem excellent.

The car shampoo needs less than half a cap to produce about 12” of foam on top of the bucket, so I think will last ages. The wheel cleaner is also good but will not last so long.

I bought two of the GTechniq buckets, expensive but about twice the size of a regular bucket and really high quality, they also include ‘grit grids’. Plus bought a couple of the large drying towels and a couple of their own microfibre mits.

I’m going to get a couple of extra towels as they only just about stay dry enough to clean two cars. I can dry the Boxster with one towel but not the Macan.

As said previously, just really pleased with the results considering that it didn’t take very long.
I have the large “waffle” towels, I think they are called Guzzler?
Macan was always two towels to do a proper job, annoyingly 911 is one and a little bit of a second! 😳😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:33 pm Looks good. I'm having mine GTechniq coated FOC by my OPC on my next one. Did they supply any washing supplies/advice for use at home? Apparently comes with a 5 year guarantee? I'll only know if it works properly when all the dead flies splattered on my bonnet come off without any effort!! Hopefully won't be disappointed..
Sounds like I paid £899 too much!

I did get a nice case with half a dozen products in, together with a few microfibre cloths. I haven’t used all of the products yet, but what I have used seem excellent.

The car shampoo needs less than half a cap to produce about 12” of foam on top of the bucket, so I think will last ages. The wheel cleaner is also good but will not last so long.

I bought two of the GTechniq buckets, expensive but about twice the size of a regular bucket and really high quality, they also include ‘grit grids’. Plus bought a couple of the large drying towels and a couple of their own microfibre mits.

I’m going to get a couple of extra towels as they only just about stay dry enough to clean two cars. I can dry the Boxster with one towel but not the Macan.

As said previously, just really pleased with the results considering that it didn’t take very long.
That's good to know. What about a guarantee/certificate?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:04 pm
I recall there is a guarantee but I can’t find anything in my paperwork. I’ll have to follow up when I go in for my Masterclass.
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

PJV997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:32 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:04 pm
I recall there is a guarantee but I can’t find anything in my paperwork. I’ll have to follow up when I go in for my Masterclass.
Seem to remember OPC saying they put some sort of sticker code on the back of rear view mirror but might have misunderstood as part of mixed conversation. We'll see...
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
andreas

Post by andreas »

If you want to make life even easier, and minimise damage to the paintwork at the same time, consider investing in a resin filter for the rinsing water. You can just wash the car, then final rinse with filtered water, then walk away. The car will dry naturally with no water marks, even in bright sunshine. I've been using this method for over 5 years, with great results.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

yep looks nice, get yourslf a pure water filter for rincing off after a clean.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:57 pm
PJV997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:54 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:52 pm Looks great! 💦

Love the wheels! 😎
Thanks - I’m really pleased with the wheels, one of my better choices on the confuserator!

One of the best wheel designs ever offered on the Macan! :)
+1
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I originally ordered a White Macan but ended up with Gentian Blue, cleans up really good. I usually finish mine off with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet , easy on and essy off.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:25 pm I originally ordered a White Macan but ended up with Gentian Blue, cleans up really good. I usually finish mine off with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet , easy on and essy off.
Mines white and it’s effortless to clean too whether it be the PPF bits or native paint. Had my black gloss side blades PPFd recently too, so they’re now easy too 🙂
Macan S MY 2023