Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Another tip when washing your car and want to clean around all the badges (especially you diesel owners that have not de badged)

Use a soft brush around the badges with the relevant car wash shampoo.
Works a treat. Stops the mitt getting stuck on them and brush cleans them much better.

Just search for car detailing brushes.
GTS 😀

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Also spotted this hiding behind a neighbours car (didn't have to block out the number plate! Wink)

Quite a machine.

Is it a Harley type thing / engine?
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Another tip when washing your car and want to clean around all the badges (especially you diesel owners that have not de badged)

Use a soft brush around the badges with the relevant car wash shampoo.
Works a treat. Stops the mitt getting stuck on them and brush cleans them much better.

Just search for car detailing brushes.

Brushes are next on my list for that very same reason.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

What are you guys coating your windscreens with to dispel rainwater?

I did mine with Carpro Reload but it hasn't made any difference.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Paul

Post by Paul »

What are you guys coating your windscreens with to dispel rainwater?

I did mine with Carpro Reload but it hasn't made any difference.

the wipers......

I have always found anything on the screen doesn't work until you're up to speed and that prior to that, and in town, whatever the product, causes a "fog" everytime the wipers sweep.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I debadged the wipers LOL

Could be a good excuse in the event of speeding "I was only travelling at 90mph M'Lud to dispel the water from my windscreen LOL
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
happy days

Post by happy days »

Back from holidays and snow foam and applicator have arrived. Just a thought - anyone got any experience with using snow foam near a convertible roof? Would it be safe? Or is it to be avoided at all costs? It would be a pity to have to wash both cars using different methods, wouldn't it?
Macan S D
718 S
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Back from holidays and snow foam and applicator have arrived. Just a thought - anyone got any experience with using snow foam near a convertible roof? Would it be safe? Or is it to be avoided at all costs? It would be a pity to have to wash both cars using different methods, wouldn't it?

I can't say with any professional certainty but I don't see why it can't be used on a convertible roof.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

The best advice i could give is make sure the roof is up. Doesn't do the interior any good.

On a serious note I would check as depending on the snowfoam it could remove the waterproofing is my only thought.
No real experience though.
Make sure it's ph neutral foam at least. Kasfranks992017-05-15 13:05:15
GTS 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

The best advice i could give is make sure the roof is up. Doesn't do the interior any good.

On a serious note I would check as depending on the snowfoam it could remove the waterproofing is my only thought.
No real experience though.
Make sure it's ph neutral foam at least.

Yes it's Ultimate Finish PH Neutral.
Macan S D
718 S