Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:38 am Times change and other products become available.

I have had Gtechniq coating applied for five years and it still look great.

Graphine costings have advanced sine I started this thread and are probably worth considering if having a paint correction and protective coating applied is on your to do list.

Not watched this video myself but I suggest that you do your research and decide which is best for you.

There is also the Detailing Workd forum if you want to be a real nerd/geek and learn everything there is to know.
These guys do some great videos. They'll cover a car in different products and see how they all do over a couple of months. They don't hide anything either, if something's not doing well they'll say.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I don’t do any of those expensive things like PPF or ceramic coatings or even Swissvax.

However I do wax every so often.

I notice that Meguiars do a pre wax Ulitimate polish Followed by Ultimate wax.

Has anyone used this combination?
Macan S MY 2023
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Ah, the murky world of detailing. My product is better than yours. I have posted before about this using my decades of mistakes as a reference both in Golf and 'Detailing'. There is not much between the two when it comes to marketing. Ladies shampoo is the same, my wife has dozens of bottles of the stuff and it is basically all the same with different smells added. There is always some miracle Golf club or ball launches that will make you hit your drive 330 yards dead straight or putt like a genius. All bollocks. The same with Car Care. My advice if find something you that suits you and stick with it. I had a few (8) tins and bottles of waxes in my garage, cutting agents, pads and assorted other junk. As a rule of thumb, cheap shampoo isn't as concentrated as more expensive shampoo so you use more. I don't do the paint correction anymore due to arthritic hands, just a snow foam , shampoo, bilberry wheel cleaner, wheel woolies and filtered water for the final rinse so no drying with towels. I do have a blower to get rid of water in the crevices such as the mirrors. But, the most important ingredient in washing your car is time. Take your time and all will be well.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Definitely +1 to that. All done by my giant paws. :D
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

I had my new Macan S detailed and graphene coated last week and I have to say it looked so much better compared to what it looked like on the collection day. They also treated the wheels, brake calipers, windows, plastics and the interior leather and other interior parts. He said the leather was very dry and soaked up the product pretty quickly and it does make it look different without taking away that new car smell.

20220709_122446.jpg

20220709_122427.jpg

2022-07-09__08.37.31new.jpeg

2022-07-09__08.36.50new.jpeg

First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

If the leather 'soaked up the product' it has lost it's factory coating applied to all vehicles these days with leather seats. Seems a little odd. Still, if you are happy with it then fine.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
azmj

Post by azmj »

Anybody with the Gen3 Macan have some sort of screen protector applied on the central touch control panel to prevent scratches etc?
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
pmg

Post by pmg »

azmj wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:16 am Anybody with the Gen3 Macan have some sort of screen protector applied on the central touch control panel to prevent scratches etc?
On my 2019 Gen2 I still have the original protector that came with the car when it was new
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

azmj wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:16 am Anybody with the Gen3 Macan have some sort of screen protector applied on the central touch control panel to prevent scratches etc?
It comes with one. Took 3 days before I noticed and took it off. Much better response now.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

I haven't got this myself but an option is available to buy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003905148398.html
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey