Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

happy days wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:58 pm Hmmm. Is it just me? My lambswool wash mitt is in trouble. All the wool is falling out, anyone else see this? Here's the story. When using (at weekends mostly) it never seemed to dry out and was all slimy inside. A few weeks ago, I turned it inside out and left it in the shed as normal hoping to reduce the slippery-ness.

I haven't used it for a few weeks as the weather here has been good and a snow foam wash and rinse was enough to get both cars spotless. However when I turned the mitt outside in again, it was still wet, but the hair started coming out in clumps. It now has a huge bald patch about the same as mine. We look rather similar now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, nothing worst than a bald pate with hair sticking our around the sides, glad I have none. ;-)

I dry mine in the Conservatory, takes a few days if the weather is warm, a week or two if wet and miserable.

image.jpg

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

happy days

Post by happy days »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Yes, nothing worst than a bald pate with hair sticking our around the sides, glad I have none. ;-)

I dry mine in the Conservatory, takes a few days if the weather is warm, a week or two if wet and miserable.

image.jpg

No comb over around here! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

happy days wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:58 pm Hmmm. Is it just me? My lambswool wash mitt is in trouble. All the wool is falling out, anyone else see this? Here's the story. When using (at weekends mostly) it never seemed to dry out and was all slimy inside. A few weeks ago, I turned it inside out and left it in the shed as normal hoping to reduce the slippery-ness.

I haven't used it for a few weeks as the weather here has been good and a snow foam wash and rinse was enough to get both cars spotless. However when I turned the mitt outside in again, it was still wet, but the hair started coming out in clumps. It now has a huge bald patch about the same as mine. We look rather similar now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mine's shedding too, happy days. It dries out in a couple of days max. I hang it on the line when conditions allow or leave on the edge of the bucket in the kitchen. I never turn it inside out. As it's about 18 months old I'd put it down to age. Don't know what that amounts to in mitt years!
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

So it's not just me then!
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Iain Smith posted in a seperate thread about a hybrid product.

I have tried to amend my initial post but on both my iPad and Windows laptop when I try to amend the post all the text lumps together and I am loathed to actually underake any editing of said post in case it screws it up.

What is wrong?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 pm Iain Smith posted in a seperate thread about a hybrid product.

I have tried to amend my initial post but on both my iPad and Windows laptop when I try to amend the post all the text lumps together and I am loathed to actually underake any editing of said post in case it screws it up.

What is wrong?
Hi Col.
Its not you and i get the same thing. Think its to do with the formatting and changes between old and new system.

Copy and paste it all locally to your pc and then edit it and delete and paste it back should work fine.
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

original opening thread has now been updated
Col
Macan Turbo
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I tried the Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam for the first time today. It don't 'arf stick to the car!!

But now it's also sticking to my drive - I can't rinse it away. Maybe the 50:50 mix was too much.

I normally use the Ultimate Finish snow foam and put a litre in my lance undiluted and this doesn't stick anywhere near as much and rinses away no problem.

IMG_9366.jpg

IMG_9365.jpg

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Did you ever get it off?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Off the driveway? No.

I've just left it there to disappear naturally. The neighbours just think I've still got the snow :D
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver