Detailing and washing your Macan

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
VanB

Post by VanB »

1F3W + 1 cap full of good quality car shampoo

Well actually to be precise 300ml foam + 700ml warm water + 1 cap full of car shampoo
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Buy some Valet Pro PH neutral foam as very little of it is needed and a squirt of shampoo gives great foam. Can't believe the amount of Ultimate Finish foam you guys are reporting to use.

And don't forget the knob on the lance is counter intuitive. It goes the opposite way to what your logic tells you it should go.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Upgraded the washer to a K5 Karcher at the weekend. Much better foam, lasted much better, but I still can't believe that you lot are getting away with diluting down the Ultimate Finish!

Must experiment a bit more! Also I wonder if turning down the pressure would affect the foam? Again some experimentation needed.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just ordered some of the Valet Pro so will give it a go when we get back home.

My Met Black is currently looking very VG.

I did add a capfull of shampoo to the last of the UF foam that I had and that certainly helped produce a thicker more long lasting foam.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Get a pump dispenser for the top of the valet pro container. 2 or 3 squirts is enough along with a couple of a decent shampoo and top up the 1 litre container with water. Gives great foam but does depend on your lance and pressure washer. I also keep the knob on the lance fully round at zero.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

This morning I washed and cleaned inside and out a very dirty Met Black Macan.

As a reminder mine has been Pro Detailed with Gtechniq CS+EXO.

With this and the prior Macan I have been using Ultimate Finish Snow Foam but the wash a couple of weeks ago finished the bottle.

At the advice within this thread I bought some VALET PRO Snow Foam and today was the first time I used it.

In direct comparison with my knowledge of the UF SF I found that the VP SF produced a much thicker foam.

After a few minutes I was a little dissapointed as most of the foam had dissapeared, but after a jet wash the VP had done its job very well and most of the dirt had been lifted and run off with the foam residue.

The two bucket wash was then a doddle.

So a thumbs up for Valet Pro SF from me.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

I found exactly the same, thick foam that dissipates within a minute or two.

Following a pressure wash, the car does come up well; however, is that because of the snow foam or the pressure wash?

Hard to tell. :?
GTS \o/ - sold :(
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am This morning I washed and cleaned inside and out a very dirty Met Black Macan.

As a reminder mine has been Pro Detailed with Gtechniq CS+EXO.

With this and the prior Macan I have been using Ultimate Finish Snow Foam but the wash a couple of weeks ago finished the bottle.

At the advice within this thread I bought some VALET PRO Snow Foam and today was the first time I used it.

In direct comparison with my knowledge of the UF SF I found that the VP SF produced a much thicker foam.

After a few minutes I was a little dissapointed as most of the foam had dissapeared, but after a jet wash the VP had done its job very well and most of the dirt had been lifted and run off with the foam residue.

The two bucket wash was then a doddle.

So a thumbs up for Valet Pro SF from me.
Glad my recommendation worked out :)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I'll look out for Valet Pro Snow Foam, as I've just finished my supply of UF SF.

The Panny is in service next Thursday delivering girlfriend's 16 year old daughter to her prom, so it had better be looking at its best! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:44 pm I'll look out for Valet Pro Snow Foam, as I've just finished my supply of UF SF.

The Panny is in service next Thursday delivering girlfriend's 16 year old daughter to her prom, so it had better be looking at its best! ;)
Hope you have a chauffer's hat to go with the task.
Col
Macan Turbo