Dr Leather

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

Just got a tub of 150 dr. leather interior wipes online after reading a bit into these (meant to be the best according to detailing forums). HIGHLY recommended, after a year seats were suffering from ingrained dirt (dog to thank for that). Not only do they seriously look like new, the smell is amazing. Like a new pair of Church's brogues :lol:

Definitely worth keeping in the boot to keep on top of spillages and also for when you're giving a thorough clean.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6LRZE7

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery

Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

Also worth saying that I was worried it would give the seats that "shiny" look (hate that) but beautiful matt finish was the result.

Interestingly The chap behind the firm (based in bucks I think) answers a few concerns on detailing forums around whether to condition etc. He is firmly against this because apparently this 'attracts' the dirt and ends up giving the bolster sections that 'sheen'. He says most modern leather doesn't need to be conditioned...thoughts?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6LRZE7

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery
Retired

Post by Retired »

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I've also read that modern leather doesn't need to be / shouldn't be conditioned. Apparently it has a coating on the top that means conditioner can't penetrate through anyway. It is just recommended to clean it.

Here's an extract from one site:

"Reduced down to its most basic understanding, because car leather has been coated with this clear protective resin coating, the reality is that you are cleaning and conditioning a form of plastic; plastic that is both flexible and clear."

It still needs care and looking after, but not in the way leather traditionally was looked after..... apparently.

I just hoover mine with a very soft brush attachment & then wipe it down with a leather cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have used Zymol cleaner and conditioners for the last 15+ years.

Despite leather having a protective coating, there are the seams, the stitching, vent holes, and creasing that occurs and hence to me its a full monty of a job to keep the seats as new as possible.

I vac my seats and clean them more frequently than I do the paintwork on the car, Gkids are coming next week so its a job for Monday o give the leather and plastic trim their coatings.

The Dr Leather does look impressive, though.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags