Tyre dressing that doesn't fling doors!!

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 pm Really annoying as I have cracked the drips from the mirrors that really annoyed me so just need to solve this one too.

How did you crack the issue of water dripping from the mirrors?! 💦 Please share :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm
MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 pm Really annoying as I have cracked the drips from the mirrors that really annoyed me so just need to solve this one too.

How did you crack the issue of water dripping from the mirrors?! 💦 Please share :geek:
The majority of the water comes from around the indicators in the mirrors and also the puddle light below the mirror. I use my compressor to blow around these areas and get the excess water moved away. Seems to work a treat as I don't have any drips now. Considering replacing the compressor with one of the car dryers or pet dryers but can't decide which one would be best so haven't yet invested.
SQ52GTS

Post by SQ52GTS »

MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:40 pm
SQ52GTS wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm I use Gtechniq tyre dressing. Apply using non scratch scourer, drive away within an hour no problems. :D
What is the applicator you use like? Driving off in an hour with no issues sounds ideal.
Just a normal white kitchen non scratch scourer. Pour on scourer and wipe on to tyres seems to dry quickly no problems but make sure wheels especially in nuts are very dry so no spraying.

Not so successful with mirrors have to go for short drive and then dry all water marks!
2016 Sapphire GTS with 21 Black Classics.
2018 Sapphire GTS without Black Classics.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Give this man a shout.... http://www.orchard-autocare.com/ - Owner name is Rollo... based in Tandragee but will post to you if you want...
He has many years in detailing and started to make his own products....

This is a Northern Ireland manufactured product - it does not splash at all.... I have no marks after slicking the tyres...and have driven straight away...

The product is called Glitz, I also think he has a new one out called Satin...

Some of the other products are very good also - Snow Foam & Perfection ones to note....

You can mention my name if you wish...let me know how you get on...

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Thanks for the recommendation Terry for the Orchard products. Have read good reviews on their stuff.

How are you applying the tyre shine and what brand of tyres?
TD444

Post by TD444 »

Still on the original Pirelli tyres....

I guess application can sometimes be personal preference..... I am currently using a Auto Finesse Handy puck with a sponge type applicator....
Means no dirty fingers.... The dressings from Orchard are sticky to the finger touch, so use gloves or the sponge type.
It comes with a spray nozzle, so easy to apply to the sponge and wipe on....
If you give Rollo a call, he will give his 2 cents also depending on what type of finish you want to the tyre...

Was in the Port on Sat evening - saw a nice white Macan S parked up in P/stewart....
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Wasn't a white GTS you saw by any chance was it, I was there on Sunday and saw a white GTS parked up. Have seen it a few times over the summer so guess its a visitor.

A friend of mine also has a nice white S living in Coleraine so could have been him, white S with black 21" classics.

I was in Donegal for the last week on hols where my Sapphire GTS seemed to be quite a hit, plenty of looks and even a few pics taken :lol:
TD444

Post by TD444 »

MCDK wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm Wasn't a white GTS you saw by any chance was it, I was there on Sunday and saw a white GTS parked up. Have seen it a few times over the summer so guess its a visitor.

A friend of mine also has a nice white S living in Coleraine so could have been him, white S with black 21" classics.

I was in Donegal for the last week on hols where my Sapphire GTS seemed to be quite a hit, plenty of looks and even a few pics taken :lol:
Was nearly past it before I saw it, thought it was a S and could of had black classics on it alright....

Very good - always nice to see folks staring! Had the same a few weeks ago with my mates new Merc White GLC...

Wasn't planning to be in the Port in my car so it wasn't clean - will know better next time when the wife tricks you to taking her to the Ramore....
Collected Tue 3rd May
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A funny story from last week....

We were driving slow down a small road near a beach in Donegal. Sun roof open, met a few young guys walking along the road, one said in a very loud voice to his mates

"Oh my God, it's a Ferrari". We had a very hearty laugh for a while after that.
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

No idea what my local car wash people use, but I drive off immediately after they have brushed it on and don't get any splash marks down the side of my car and it's white so it would show. I do have mudflaps , but they only reduce the mud and muck on the car, not stop it.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric