Nilfisk vs Karcher

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
microbe

Post by microbe »

I got everything ready to clean my car this morning but my Nilfisk D130 stopped working almost immediately I turned it on. I thought it may have blown the house fuses but no it hadn't so I changed the fuse in the plug but without any success.

It was only 8 months old so I took it back to where I bought it from. Unfortunately they no longer stocked Nilfisk and could only supply Karcher. I wasn't keen as I had bought the car adapter nozzle for the Nilfisk, an Autobrite heavy duty snow foam lance and it came with an all singing patio cleaner.

I finally decided to go with the Karcher K4 as it was the closest in performance to my Nilfisk although there was no patio cleaner and I doubted whether the Nilfisk attachments I had bought would fit.

I got it home and assembled it but have to say so far it is a bit of a disappointment. Storage of lances and cables was much better on the Nilfisk and of course none of the extras I bought seem to fit. The quality of the Nilfisk and its components appears to be better and the handle did not keep collapsing whenever I re-positioned it..

It does look as though one of the lances on the Karcher may obviate the need for a separate car nozzle but it looks as though I am still going to have to buy a new snow lance.

I will probably have some Nilfisk items for sale once I have confirmed I cannot use them on the Karcher
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

You can't use them, the fittings are different. You can buy converters on eBay etc., not sure how good they are.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Take the Karcher back.

There are plenty of Nilfisk units online and in stock.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I have been waiting for my Karcher to break down so I can replace it with a Nilfisk as the Nilfisk I have heard is better in a many ways.

10 years and still going. Darn thing won't break.....
Where is my hammer... ;)
GTS 😀
microbe

Post by microbe »

Members have always praised Karcher which is why I agreed to have one as a replacement for my Nilfisk, little realising the annoying differences. I have found a £7.99 adapter so may go down that route rather than try and get my money back by returning the replacement Karcher.
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

:x This damn Karcher 4 Premium Full Control, should call it a No Control.

Less than a year old, already been in once due to pump not turning on. No fault found by Karcher :shock: :x

Just happened again :x :x I guess I will be taking it in again. Car washed by hand :|

Really miffed (good English understatement) :|

Might swap attachments with you Microbe, i may change to a Nilfisk.
GTS \o/ - sold :(
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Nilfisk all day every day! I would insist your retailer swap you out to an exact match or else give you the cash if they can't supply a machine.
microbe

Post by microbe »

Oh dear. It looks like I made a mistake taking the Karcher. I really thought most people on the forum had, and recommended, a Karcher.

I'm not sure a full refund was an option after 9 months ownership. If the Karcher plays up I will try for a refund rather than a replacement. Perhaps Screwfix will have gone back to Nilfisk rather than Karcher by then
Malk

Post by Malk »

When you say most people had taken a Karcher on the form we have sold several machines, what we would sell is teh Professional unit as their largest outlet for Professional equipment....... We have done several deals for Macan owners and all been very happy - different kettle of fish to the Home User machines. If you are spending £50k+ on a car whether you spend £200 or £450 on a pressure washer isnt going to make alot of diference other than a unit with a brass cylinder head, wire reinforced high pressure hose, stainless steel lance and fittings is going to last about 10-15years quite honestly!

Give me a call always happy to help and the waterflow/pressure brings the wheels up perfectly...........

Machine to buy is the Karcher HD6/13 C Plus

Karcher Center - (Malcolm) 0345-890 3600
Diesel S Taken delivery 12/04/14
Replaced 4/7/14
Sold back to OPC 10/10/15
Now proud owner of 3rd Macan Volcano Grey 2.0T **WHICH IS UP FOR SALE**
Ordered 1st Edition XC40 T5 :o

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHW6XE96