Gtechniq C1 and EXO problems

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I have CSL and EXO v3 on mine. We have a water softener but no filters. I towel dry my cars. No spotting problems at all.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S

VanB

Post by VanB »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:23 pm
VanB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm Thanks Kasfranks, what little I have been able to glean has been very positive so am a bit torn currently as to whether to go with that locally or a G-Techniq detailer further away.
It’s a difficult one. For me it’s not just the product but the actual detailer that is applying it which will make the big difference. Thier experience is what counts.

As a matter of interest who is your Gtechniq dealer?
There doesn’t seem to be a local approved one so would probably follow the recommendations I’ve had on here if I go down that route
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
adrianp66

Post by adrianp66 »

I had terrible water spotting so much so that I had a refund.

I think Gtechniq is a bad product unless you have a garage. It rains in the UK though so be warned.

I can spot a spotty Macan now, they are a few years old.

If you have the car detailed and layers replaced every year you might get away with it but for a black the safe route is wax.

Really valuable cars are either waxed or PPFed all over and a ceramic coating applied and or wax.

You don't reed much on the forums because any negative comments are removed by admins....
adrianp66

Post by adrianp66 »

The other issue is Gteqnic bonds to the paintwork so we when you have a bad problem it has to be ground off.

The big give away is that Gteqnic sell water spot removal product.

Why pay 1000 pound to have water spots, its bonkers.
pmg

Post by pmg »

2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8