Gtechniq C1 and EXO problems

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
DaveMacan

Post by DaveMacan »

Hi,

Just wondering whether other members have experienced issues with water spotting on cars treated with EXO?

Our Macan was professionally detailed and I hate to admit is a bit of a ‘garage queen’ having covered not a lot of miles in two years. Cleaning is snowfoam, rinse, wash, Raceglaze filter rinse and then dried. It seems Gtechniq knew they had a problem with EXO as they are now on V3 of the treatment. Living in a hard water area it was one of the reasons for getting the car treated in the first place!

Waiting for the green light on the Macan facelift order so I may stick with R222 wax and do it myself. If I do go the detailing route again it will definitely not be Gtechniq!

Dave

88AD4726-DCFB-4D3C-9AC0-37B980A30155.jpeg

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Gtech will not stop water spotting, especially in a hard water area.

I also live in a hard water area and, although I have a water softener fitted, I still have to dry off the car with a microcloth to avoid water spotting.

Sadly, :oops: I haven't washed it in a while and it is filthy :oops:
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

All my cars and Gtechniq CS black topped with exo v3.
I also use a Di filter with Tulsion MB115 resin and always dry the car. I do test the filter to check it’s at 0ppm or very near each time.

No spotting on mine 13 months on any of my cars.

Check your filter is 0ppm.
Also if you had it done by an accredited Gyechniq dealer I am sure they can advise and resolve.
You have a warranty with Gtechniq if you registered.

How long have the water spots been on there and have you tried to get them off using a QD?
GTS 😀
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

I just use filtered rainwater (11ppm) for final rinse, this avoids any spotting and is a lot cheaper than buying expensive commercial filters.
DaveMacan

Post by DaveMacan »

The car is always dried and I use a tester to check the filter is 0ppm. The spotting in not visible when dry but on a damp morning that’s when it shows up.

It seems the issue was with the earlier versions of EXO, (my car was detailed 2 yrs ago) I understand V3 was developed to eliminate the problem. A quick google shows I am not alone with this issue.
spook

Post by spook »

Hi Dave,

I never had any problems at all in Staffordshire with my CS Blacked VG Macan (May 2016) .

This was the 1st car I had "treated" as I always used polish & waxes before however my detailer advised me to stop using snow foam as a prewash (even thought it was PH neutral ) and to use diluted G wash as the prewash then use the Gwash etc then using QD if required.

As Kasfranks99 has mentioned have you gone back the the detailer and asked for his advice or for a solution?

Also you say "Professional Detailer" was he Gtechniq accredited ?

There are lots of "detailers" who use Gtechniq (some OPC's now !) but only the accredited ones can have access to the best products i.e. CS light can be bought by anybody to use from Gtechniq and evilbay.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will go and read up to see what problems others having on other forums now.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
davewf

Post by davewf »

I had an issue with the windscreen coating and Getechniq arranged to meet me at one of their detailers and their reresentive removed the coating for me. Absolutely superb service.

So you really should raise this with them and give them the opportunity to look at it at least. Assuming of course the Getechniq was applied by an accredited detailer and you have the warranty.
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

On the Detailing World forum, a guy from GTechniq says that it is a problem as hydophobic coatings encourage water marks, he also offers some advice how to avoid.

As long as I use my filtered water, I don't have a problem (C1 + Exo).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

DaveMacan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 am The car is always dried and I use a tester to check the filter is 0ppm. The spotting in not visible when dry but on a damp morning that’s when it shows up.

It seems the issue was with the earlier versions of EXO, (my car was detailed 2 yrs ago) I understand V3 was developed to eliminate the problem. A quick google shows I am not alone with this issue.
Yes you are right. V3 came out just over a year ago to combat this issue but was being tested by detailers a number on months beforehand.

The Gtechniq warranty should take care of it and resolve.
GTS 😀
DaveMacan

Post by DaveMacan »

I’m in touch with the Detailer so will wait and see what transpires, I’m not sure about their accreditation but they are a well known company in this space.

It’s frustrating that my Beemer sits outside in all weathers protected by R222 wax and has none of these problems!

I have just received some Carpro Water Spot remover which comes highly recommended so may give that a try.

Dave