Gtechniq C1 and EXO problems

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
spook

Post by spook »

If you put your postcode in here

https://gtechniq.com/detailing-services/

it will advise you of your nearest accredited detailer.
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(

DaveMacan

Post by DaveMacan »

Thank you Spook Iโ€™ll give that a go.
wavestar

Post by wavestar »

Tall Phil wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 am Gtech will not stop water spotting, especially in a hard water area.

I also live in a hard water area and, although I have a water softener fitted, I still have to dry off the car with a microcloth to avoid water spotting.

Sadly, :oops: I haven't washed it in a while and it is filthy :oops:
note water softners don't prevent spotting (I only found this out recently myself)! they just swap calcium/magnesium minerals (hard) to sodium minerals (soft), but its still full of minerals which is what causes spotting. you need a DI filter vessel which actually filters (traps) the minerals...

Dave
Garage:
2017 Macan GTS (PH49T3K4)
2014 Evoque (wife's)
Dearly departed:
2010 Cayman S
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

And make sure you have a decent resin from a decent supplier.
Tulsion MB-115 is considered one of the best and I generally get 0ppm with this in a reasonable size DI Vessel.
Around ยฃ80 for 25l Tulsion MB115

Make sure itโ€™s sealed once opened as air will deteriorate it and has no more than 2 years from the date on the bag.

There has been a shortage of this particular resin in the U.K. for the last month or so.

I do still pat dry my cars afterwards though ๐Ÿ˜Š
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If anyone has a water softener filter with a clear body you may want to wrap some dark material around the filter body to block out daylight which affects the longeivety of the resin material.

Good tips btw to add a dionisation filter after the water softener, cannot beat a belt and braces approach.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20โ€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I use 2 DI vessels in line. Works well as I was throwing away resin once it hit 20-30 ppm as that level will cause spotting. However using this older resin then as a pre-filter prolongs the life of the new resin. Then once that expires I throw away the oldest stuff and use the newer as the pre filter and fill the final filter with new stuff again. Meant a bit of investment in another canister but longer resin life should counteract that issue.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

MCDK wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am I use 2 DI vessels in line. Works well as I was throwing away resin once it hit 20-30 ppm as that level will cause spotting. However using this older resin then as a pre-filter prolongs the life of the new resin. Then once that expires I throw away the oldest stuff and use the newer as the pre filter and fill the final filter with new stuff again. Meant a bit of investment in another canister but longer resin life should counteract that issue.
I had thought about this too as it seems to be such a waste when you get a 10ppm reading and throwing it all away.
Do you have the same size DI vessels and do you just connect them close to each other or separate them out 1 nearer tape end and other nearer hose end?
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The new vessel I bought is smaller, think its 11 litre where the old one was 16 litre. 11 litres is plenty big enough to do the job.

I have a very short length of hose between the two so they sit pretty close together. When the resin in the new (11 litre) vessel starts climbing up the readings I will put it all in the 16 Litre vessel, it won't fill it but doesn't need to and will provide a decent pre-filter. Then will put brand new resin in the 11 litre canister. Have been running this for a few months now and water still reading 0 PPM.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Hmm.. and there's me thinking that using 2 buckets was the height of car washing sophistication! :shock:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

MCDK wrote: โ†‘Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 pm The new vessel I bought is smaller, think its 11 litre where the old one was 16 litre. 11 litres is plenty big enough to do the job.

I have a very short length of hose between the two so they sit pretty close together. When the resin in the new (11 litre) vessel starts climbing up the readings I will put it all in the 16 Litre vessel, it won't fill it but doesn't need to and will provide a decent pre-filter. Then will put brand new resin in the 11 litre canister. Have been running this for a few months now and water still reading 0 PPM.
Thanks for the info. ๐Ÿ‘
I use 11ltr also so adding another 11ltr is not expensive and may get my money back as I am making good use of used resin eventually.

I love an upgrade ๐Ÿ˜Ž

What resin do you use?
GTS ๐Ÿ˜€