Gtechniq C1 and EXO problems

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I use Tulsion MB115 I think it is, seems to be reported to be the best so I haven't really tried anything else. I do go through it fairly quick as I wash at least 3 cars every weekend and rinse them generously with the filtered water. That was why I thought I would try the 2 canister method as throwing out reasonable resin seems very pointless. Can't quite remember when I bought the second vessel but it's been a while since I needed a resin swap.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

andreas wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:46 pm Hmm.. and there's me thinking that using 2 buckets was the height of car washing sophistication! :shock:
Two buckets :o :o

That's never enough, I use 4 buckets. Wash and rinse for the wheels and wash and rinse for the body. Take that and then 2 resin canisters it's a good job my wash bay is very roomy!!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

"Wash bay" - sounds a very sophisticated set up! 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes built my dream garage last year and behind that is my wash bay. Roofed over concrete area for washing the cars with proper drainage to take away the residue water. Bit of an indulgence but absolute bliss when it's raining and also it's very well lit so I can be out there washing cars in the darkest of nights. Well pleased with it!

Even better as we live in the country all I have behind me is trees and fields so the only people who can see me out washing the cars are the cows in the field beside.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Perfection! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
andreas

Post by andreas »

I always thought it would be nice to have an indoor wash bay with a lift so the car could be raised up to make cleaning the wheels easier.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Has anyone heard of or have any experience of IGL Kenzo? It's been recommended to me by a couple of local detailers as being superior to G-Techniq but I don't seem to be able to find out much about it. Given the collective knowledge on this forum I wondered if anyone could advise.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

VanB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:57 am Has anyone heard of or have any experience of IGL Kenzo? It's been recommended to me by a couple of local detailers as being superior to G-Techniq but I don't seem to be able to find out much about it. Given the collective knowledge on this forum I wondered if anyone could advise.
I have no experience of the product but I do know it’s a pretty new product and only been in the U.K. around 2 years.
Info on the product and dealers especially in this country is very limited but what I have read seems positive. I believe they give a 5 year warranty but should check that and what it covers.
GTS 😀
VanB

Post by VanB »

Thanks Kasfranks, what little I have been able to glean has been very positive so am a bit torn currently as to whether to go with that locally or a G-Techniq detailer further away.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

VanB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm Thanks Kasfranks, what little I have been able to glean has been very positive so am a bit torn currently as to whether to go with that locally or a G-Techniq detailer further away.
It’s a difficult one. For me it’s not just the product but the actual detailer that is applying it which will make the big difference. Thier experience is what counts.

As a matter of interest who is your Gtechniq dealer?
GTS 😀