Changing Spyders from silver to satin black.

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Paul wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 am The “ standard” spyders on my GTS certainly don’t have the very sharp edges of the ones in your 1st photo - I suspect andreas may have the explanation (above) but to any non-enthusiast, and even from further away than a couple of yards, you’d be hard pushed to tell the difference.
Thanks for your thoughts and information. I can see from the photos that the spoke details is different, as you point out, outer face is machined flat after production.
I've bought the unused Spyders with Michelin latitude Sport 3 summers fitted. I think 20's on a Macan are ideal ( I have Air) and shiny or black spyders are the dogs ....
They will replace my winter wheels and AS tyres at end of March.
I think I'll have them done in Satin Black, I doubt even an OPC would notice at trade-in time. I had my Diamond Cut Jag XJ 20" wheels powder coated after the dealer kerbed both fronts on the same day - I had already kerbed both rears, ( dealer paid full cost) - no-one could tell.
I now have some almost new 19" classics and summer tyres for sale, bought last October, about to put in 'For Sale'.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

wilko

Post by wilko »

I had mine painted black (mat) and they now look identical to factory gts wheels.
The paint rounds the edges
macan gts (current)
Cayenne (gone)
Macan turbo (stolen))
991.1s (gone)
997.2 (gone)
Golf 8 gti club sport (current)
Golf 7 R (stolen)
Golf 7 R
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

wilko wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm I had mine painted black (mat) and they now look identical to factory gts wheels.
The paint rounds the edges
Wilco, thanks for that info, from someone who has done it. I thought painting/powder coating might soften the sharp edges. The place I will have them done does diamond cutting as well, so they could go back to original if required. I'll have them in my hands next week and will take to the bodyshop for their thoughts.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16