Gtechniq from an OPC

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 am Given the gap in the market in your part of the world, have you considered setting up in business as an approved Gtechniq detailer?! ;)
In fact I have - sort of - but at 74 this year I wouldn 't be hands on. I plan to speak to a business in central Norwich I know that does eveverything with Autoglym, they may be interested.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16

Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:07 am Gtechniq platinum is probably the best dealer applied product.
As much as taking it to one of the authorised dealers to have it done by them will give you a better finish it will also take 3-4 days and they will have a waiting list. The cost will also be higher than £600.

Based on your situation I would work on getting a discount from the OPC.

It does depend on how long you plan to keep it though. If it’s long term I would consider an authorised dealer so they can machine polish to the relevant stage especially as it’s black.

As you wash your own car either way you go will certainly make it easier and look great 👍

Ps. I drove the Panamera Hybrid a week or so ago and it’s a very nice place to be as a driver and a passenger. Enjoy 😊
Thanks Kasfranks99, and all you thoughtful guys, its not a long term keeper, 2 yrs at most, I quizzzed the OPC this morning and they reduced it to £500 so I'll go with that, particularly as they do the whole car. I think I paid £700 just for the Crystal Serum alone with 7 yr guarantee on the Macan.
Not sure why I over-thought this at all.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Personally Frank I would forgo any dealer applied treatment.

For me Audi applied the Autoglym foc,

A second hand Mini that we bought was clayed and wax applied foc by the dealer.

Anything more than £200 and the dealer is ripping you off, even allowing a full day by their own low paid cleaner to prep and wax the car plus materials at trade cost is hardly going to be more than £75.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 am Personally Frank I would forgo any dealer applied treatment.

For me Audi applied the Autoglym foc,

A second hand Mini that we bought was clayed and wax applied foc by the dealer.

Anything more than £200 and the dealer is ripping you off, even allowing a full day by their own low paid cleaner to prep and wax the car plus materials at trade cost is hardly going to be more than £75.
Colin, I realise all that but I don't have any other efficient way to get it done, at least its Gtechnq on the whole car. I'll give it a good look over at collection time and raise any issues with them.
On the topic of dealers and their rip off prices, I sent details of my Macan to Glasgow for a trade in value, its now listed on their site even though I told them a few days ago that I'm keeping it, asking price £54500, a profit of £8500 for little or no work. So at least Glasgow are not making any more out of me on finance or insurances. They don't offer wheel/tyre or dent cover anyway.Their GAP quote was £1019, I'll pay ALA £180 after a refund and forum discount, job done.
Caveat emptor.
Last edited by Bigboyrolo on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I have been quoted £250 for Autoglym in Bristol DL and £800 for C2v2 and £900 Exo v3 I thought that the Gtechniq was reasonable but it is now becoming clear there is such a range of treatment standards and much of the expertise is actually in the preparation. I am not sure it is good value or not until you see some examples of the work being done.

I think from dealer a bit a of a protective Autoglym for couple hundred quid is less of a risk. I have recently form a relationship with R222 wax, and I get some therapy from applying it, seems to last at least a month and would be 'wasted' on a Gtechniq finish. ;)
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Ferdie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:04 pm I have been quoted £250 for Autoglym in Bristol DL and £800 for C2v2 and £900 Exo v3 I thought that the Gtechniq was reasonable but it is now becoming clear there is such a range of treatment standards and much of the expertise is actually in the preparation. I am not sure it is good value or not until you see some examples of the work being done.

I think from dealer a bit a of a protective Autoglym for couple hundred quid is less of a risk. I have recently form a relationship with R222 wax, and I get some therapy from applying it, seems to last at least a month and would be 'wasted' on a Gtechniq finish. ;)
Who do you mean by Bristol DL?
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Do Bristol OPC now offer Gtechniq?
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Dick Lovett Porsche

They have just started, think someone is coming in to do it.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

They have only offered me lifeshine on my GTS at £495..!
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Sidscott wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:48 pm They have only offered me lifeshine on my GTS at £495..!
On my SD I think I paid £400'ish for lifeshine with lifetime warranty, whatever that means. That included 3 additional re-cleans and refreshes, and a bag of Autoglym products but there was some dispute as to whether the salesman at that time was a bit lax about what he was giving away.

£250 was on smaller car and without the guarantee and product pack!

You may wish to go back and investigate the Gtechniq, if you think it is worth the difference. Or you can buy it from China for £7 a bottle! I'm looking for donor car to try some on :lol: :lol:
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
Fordson Dexta - 1960