A good wash & polish

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm I use a water filter from Race Glaze for the final rinse on the car as it just sheets off and saves time and potential scratches from drying with a towel. I also bought a cheap leaf blower to blow the sitting water from the mirrors and doors, sad I know, but it works for me.
Nothing sad about that! I spend ages making sure there aren't any drips appearing when I don't want them, I use a dog dryer though not a leaf blower.

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

MCDK wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:48 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm I use a water filter from Race Glaze for the final rinse on the car as it just sheets off and saves time and potential scratches from drying with a towel. I also bought a cheap leaf blower to blow the sitting water from the mirrors and doors, sad I know, but it works for me.
Nothing sad about that! I spend ages making sure there aren't any drips appearing when I don't want them, I use a dog dryer though not a leaf blower.
Not sad at all. I also found the same resin RaceGlaze sells for a fraction of the cost (or at least when I bought it in April). At the time I paid £45. It doesn't seem to be there any more. This was my bookmark. https://www.vyair.com/25-litre-water-so ... gIw5PD_BwE Maybe call Vyair and ask why it has been removed.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Nosmo wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Not sad at all. I also found the same resin RaceGlaze sells for a fraction of the cost (or at least when I bought it in April). At the time I paid £45. It doesn't seem to be there any more. This was my bookmark. https://www.vyair.com/25-litre-water-so ... gIw5PD_BwE Maybe call Vyair and ask why it has been removed.
I am another that uses a filter and also use Tulson 115 resin which is one of the best around.
There has been for most of the year a general shortage of the Tulson 115 resin.
The beads in the resin were banned so the manufacturer had to reformulate it.

So there was a shortage and high demand pushes price up for anyone that has it. I usually also purchase from Vyair but not needed any for a number of months and can’t see them selling Tulsion anymore.....

There are alternative resins but I have not found them anywhere near as good as Tulsion and never lasted anywhere near as long. So expect some price increases but racegalze price is a little crazy. They are a very good and reputable company to use though.

I use a dog dryer too which is great around mirrors and wheels. 😀
GTS 😀
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Nosmo wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm

I am another that uses a filter and also use Tulson 115 resin which is one of the best around.
There has been for most of the year a general shortage of the Tulson 115 resin.
The beads in the resin were banned so the manufacturer had to reformulate it.

So there was a shortage and high demand pushes price up for anyone that has it. I usually also purchase from Vyair but not needed any for a number of months and can’t see them selling Tulsion anymore.....

There are alternative resins but I have not found them anywhere near as good as Tulsion and never lasted anywhere near as long. So expect some price increases but racegalze price is a little crazy. They are a very good and reputable company to use though.

I use a dog dryer too which is great around mirrors and wheels. 😀
Ahh, is that what's driving the price up. I will keep you posted if I find a good alternative although the 45 quid deal seems to be gone...
Last edited by Nosmo on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I but a resin from my local window cleaner supply company. They will sell me 4kg for £20. I can't remember the name but it may have been Tulsion. I also clean my downstairs windows and rinse them off with the filtered water, brownie points for me :roll:
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
andreas

Post by andreas »

I bought a RaceGlaze filter for use on my Macan, but I also bought a window cleaning kit too, so I could claim that the filter was needed for the window cleaning! My wife's very happy with cleaner windows. I'm very happy with a sparkling car!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
skipper

Post by skipper »

Many years ago someone told me to use rain-water for the final rinse because rain water is always "soft" and we lived in a hard water area. I had a rain water butt so tried it and the difference it made was amazing. Not only did it make leathering the car dry much much easier, but it was streak free too. So, if you don't use filtered water then try rain water.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

skipper wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 pm
Many years ago someone told me to use rain-water for the final rinse because rain water is always "soft" and we lived in a hard water area. I had a rain water butt so tried it and the difference it made was amazing. Not only did it make leathering the car dry much much easier, but it was streak free too. So, if you don't use filtered water then try rain water.
The concern I would have is how the rain water is collected and the method used to get it on the car.

One way to be sure it is soft is to test a sample with a TDS meter.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:49 pm
skipper wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 pm
The concern I would have is how the rain water is collected and the method used to get it on the car.

One way to be sure it is soft is to test a sample with a TDS meter.
The main method for rainwater collection is through gutter / downpipe...then watering can for application....

If you shout “boo” and it runs away it’s soft water,

if you shout “boo” and it replies “come on then” you know it’s hard water

😂😂
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Groan
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags