A good wash & polish

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
65 Rob

Post by 65 Rob »

Knowing I was going to be in for a quiet Tuesday working from home and the weather was looking good, at the weekend I started looking for a new polish & wax with the intention of giving the car a good wash. Ended up ordering Bilt Hamber - Cleanser Polish and Double Speed Wax.
Now, I am not an expert in cleaning and do not for one minute pretend to be close to detailing but I do like my car to look clean & tidy.

Started off with Autoglym Shampoo, then used the Cleanser Polish and finished off with the DS Wax. I think the car looks pretty good, would recommended the polish, it was very easy to apply, buff off and it gave a very nice smooth, glossy finish. It also took out some minor swirls and light scratches, this was one of the selling points / recommendations before buying and I have to say it worked well. The DS wax was a bit harder to apply & buff off, will have to wait and see how durable the wax is.

Has anyone else used these products, if so what is your opinion?, are they good or should I be using something else next time?
Anyway, here are a couple of pics;

2B3305E0-DAE6-447E-9427-28A6CA8F3C9D.jpeg

F3969E70-3848-447F-90ED-70EFB60AD24B.jpeg

Macan SD, Jet Black Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21” Turbo’s, PASM, Bose, 14 way Comfort Seats, PDLS + a few other bits.

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

That looks great, well done for the effort. 8-)

We only ever manage to wash and then just use the Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer when drying off which gives the paint a bit of a shine.
Macan is just such a big car for a polish & wax, never seem to have the time and energy. :)

P.S. you need some tyre dressing too, that finishes the whole clean car look perfectly. ;)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Looks good, Rob. 8-)

Love the 911 Turbo wheels. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Looks good indeed. I keep meaning to wash and polish but the inclination fades after a quick skite with a power washer.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Did you polish your roof rails? Mine went a peculiar mottled blue colour. I mentioned it at service recently and they polished them with something to make them black again. We will see if it lasts.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Tom 2000 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 pm Looks good indeed. I keep meaning to wash and polish but the inclination fades after a quick skite with a power washer.
You need to hustle a day out courtesy of your OPC, making sure they give you a full clean and valet whilst they have your car. :twisted:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great photos :D :D :D

Lovely Macan.

Black is quite stunning when clean :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Looks great.... forensic detailing recommends DSW, iv used it not to the easiest to remove , you could try a different micro cloth to make it easier to remove, and spread it very lightly .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
65 Rob

Post by 65 Rob »

Thanks for the comments.

Tom 2000 - Yes I did polish the rails and they stayed black, well at least they were when I looked last.... :shock:

Semerka - Yes need to do the tyres, thought that when I stood back and looked but don’t have any in the garage... :(

Also need to get some 303 spray, recommended on another thread to clean up the side blades & trim.......one for the weekend.
Macan SD, Jet Black Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21” Turbo’s, PASM, Bose, 14 way Comfort Seats, PDLS + a few other bits.
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Awesome job and a great looking motor. Thanks for sharing!
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+