Macan Paint Quality

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

Paul wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:26 am
RickZ wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:36 am
MCDK wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:55 pm Was your car a dealer demo? Could explain a lot about the paint condition and the washing regime.

To be honest, if you’re only keeping it for another 2 1/2 yrs it’s not worth spending (?) £1000 - detailing has a strictly nil residual and unless you have the time and inclination to keep on top of it, you won’t see any benefit.
Paul I must admit I'm not 100% sure, from what I've read the Gtechniq ceramic will make what appears to be softer paint more resistant to light scratches and the affect of bird crap etc considering my Macan lives outside. The additional Exo will make it more difficult for muck to stick making the Macan easier to clean with less risk of scratches. I've been quoted between £700-£800, until now I've used Bilt Hamber Double Speed Carnauba Wax which is pretty got and seems to last a few months, it's just a pain having to clear residue of anything that's black especially the plastic side panels and window surrounds.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

pmg

Post by pmg »

All I can add is that I had my past to cars given a ceramic coating and that on sale after 4 and 1/2 and 5 years respectively they were in better paintwork condition than my previous vehicles just regularly waxed and sold after an equivalent period. This is despite the general move to softer water base paints in that period. Throughout their ownership, the ceramic treated cars were easier to clean.

A car in better condition is worth more when sold but I suspect that only recovers part of the cost, the difference is made worthwhile by the easier cleaning
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
RickZ

Post by RickZ »

pmg wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:31 am All I can add is that I had my past to cars given a ceramic coating and that on sale after 4 and 1/2 and 5 years respectively they were in better paintwork condition than my previous vehicles just regularly waxed and sold after an equivalent period. This is despite the general move to softer water base paints in that period. Throughout their ownership, the ceramic treated cars were easier to clean.

A car in better condition is worth more when sold but I suspect that only recovers part of the cost, the difference is made worthwhile by the easier cleaning
Thanks pmg, what ceramic coat did you go for on your cars and were the cars garaged. Did you occasionally have to apply a maintenance coat to keep it beading..
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold
pmg

Post by pmg »

RickZ wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:43 pm
pmg wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:31 am All I can add is that I had my past to cars given a ceramic coating and that on sale after 4 and 1/2 and 5 years respectively they were in better paintwork condition than my previous vehicles just regularly waxed and sold after an equivalent period. This is despite the general move to softer water base paints in that period. Throughout their ownership, the ceramic treated cars were easier to clean.

Thanks pmg, what ceramic coat did you go for on your cars and were the cars garaged. Did you occasionally have to apply a maintenance coat to keep it beading..
The coat was the one sold by the local BMW dealer, A Glaze. The car was garaged when at home but probably spend 60 nights a year outside in country hotel car parks. I did not specifically apply a maintenance coat but infrequently used SONAX Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer or equiv from time to time. the other main gain was cleaning the wheels with just a power wash brush and no need for acid cleaners etc.. the cars themselves got snow foam and pressure clean.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

MCDK wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:38 am .......or which Romanian Splash and Scratch outfit he used!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
Crazy diamond

Post by Crazy diamond »

I had new car detail with Gtechniq black exo and have not regretted it. Never bothered in the past but after 2 years , 10,000 miles+ I believe the condition of the car bears witness to the fact it is money well spent. ImageNo need for any further special treatment just occasional careful wash ( see Col’s guide). The coating helps prevent adhesion of bird crxxp etc.

ADA07A23-2399-41DB-9BA5-E8DA12C1EC56.jpeg