Gtechniq treatment

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Crayonmac

Post by Crayonmac »

How’s the gtechniq treatment holding up?

Would you recommend?
Just collected my car on Sunday and can’t decide to go for it or not.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, I would recommend. Even in the crap weather the car stays clean for longer especially the wheels. When I finally get around to washing it the coating makes it very easy to wash with minimum effort and I can wash the whole car inside and out in an hour and a half.
The only downside is that you have to be careful when the OPC washes it to make sure they use the correct products.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Just tell your dealer not to wash it. I always instruct that with any car I send to a dealer as their chemicals are too strong and the techniques leave a lot to be desired.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I was assured it would be washed with PH neutral products and they did a superb job.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

I cleaned my car before I sent it in, but they still did the 'complimentary clean', including putting tyre shine on (aargh!) and actually introducing water marks all over the car and micro scratches on the piano black trim. What y'gonna do, eh? :roll:
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Guy

Post by Guy »

nsm3 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:44 am I cleaned my car before I sent it in, but they still did the 'complimentary clean', including putting tyre shine on (aargh!) and actually introducing water marks all over the car and micro scratches on the piano black trim. What y'gonna do, eh? :roll:
I had tyre shire put on mine once by an OPC. The overspray covered the wheels and all manner of road dirt subsequently stuck to it - took an age to remove. Now I display a few 'post-its' with 'DO NOT CLEAN' !
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

A year on and the Macan had its annual Gtechniq inspection and top up. No issues to report.
Whilst it was in I had the leather treated and my winter wheels coated.

896F875B-1EAF-4071-A4DC-CF9F62E3129E.jpeg

CC415957-47C1-4C7A-8015-F36273C9D686.jpeg