Ceramic and PPF booked!

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
MacanFor911GTS

Post by MacanFor911GTS »

So after getting my 3 year old 857 mile car on Friday, I’ve had to resist driving it :roll:

It’s booked in with the fairly well known Reep for ceramic and PPF protection on Monday. I’m getting the wheels done too as they look lovely in the condition they are, so I want them to stay that way!

PPF wise I’m getting the front bumper, full wings but not sure whether I will bother with the bonnet. Thoughts?

I have also asked for the rear bumper where the luggage goes as I’ve seen so many scuffs on 4x4s in this place.

I’m not got it down for the interior to be treated with ceramic / Gtechniq..... it has the GTS Alcantara. What do you reckon?

P.S. I’ll post up pics on here afterwards!

Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I’d be getting bonnet done for sure.
Interior, depends on how you use it, will kids be eating chocolate in it? If not I’d maybe leave it untreated.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I would also get the bonnet done, most of the stone chips on ours are on the bonnet. The front bumper seems pretty robust actually

The big clamshell bonnet really does show up any marks
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I would do the bonnet before the wings on a Macan if you are working on a budget. In my experience the bonnet and bumper take by far the worst of stone chips. I did the rear bumper on my Macan, very worthwhile if done correctly, well over the top edge of the bumper. The guy that did mine had to make it free hand as none of the templets available cover enough of the area I wanted so make sure your getting what you want.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MacanFor911GTS

Post by MacanFor911GTS »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The bonnet is £400 + VAT so it’s a not inconsiderable sum but I regret doing it on the missus’ car so if this is a keeper, think it’s worth doing.

Was hoping the ceramic would help it but guess that’s only against more long term protection.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Regarding ceramic coating, my understanding is that this is mostly for enabling easier washing of the car and maybe maintaining the shine for longer, rather than offering any protection against stone chips and the like.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacanFor911GTS

Post by MacanFor911GTS »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 pm Regarding ceramic coating, my understanding is that this is mostly for enabling easier washing of the car and maybe maintaining the shine for longer, rather than offering any protection against stone chips and the like.

Cheers,
Yep, my thoughts as well. Just badly explained in my last post (long day!).

I believe it’s a small nano coating that protects the pain as you mention Wing Commander.

It doesn’t protect from stonechips.

I’ve had PPF on my Lotus and that is very low down however the film has protected it extremely well indeed.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I chose not to get PPF for my Carrera T, as I judged that any required respraying would likely cost no more than the PPF would have done, and requiring respraying is not a certainty. Plus, I don’t mind a few ‘battle scars’ on the T, and you only spot them if looking really closely anyway! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I don’t have PPF but the car was ceramic coated from new, it’s now done 13k miles and not a single stone chip. I’ve just had it gtechniq’ed as it’s coming up three years old and wanted to keep it good.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Certainly do the bonnet altho you really don’t need to do the whole bonnet just the front part up to level with lights is fine. Wouldn’t worry about the wings as I didn’t do mine and it’s just fine.

Make sure you do the side sills and bottom parts of doors as that is where a Macan can chip badly.