Di filters

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
ianst

Post by ianst »

Do Di filters really leave the car spotless if you rinse with them? no need to towel dry? tempted...
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)

andreas

Post by andreas »

ianst wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:52 pm Do Di filters really leave the car spotless if you rinse with them? no need to towel dry? tempted...
I use one, a 7 litre Raceglaze filter. With new resin, it achieves 0ppm TDS, and the car dries spotless, even in bright sunshine. No need even to towel it. If you get a resin filter, you also need to buy a TDS hardness meter and use it every time you wash the car - once the TDS gets above about 4ppm it's best to replace the resin filter medium. The big advantage for me - apart from less work - is that there's minimal abrasion of the paintwork.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Don't hesitate any longer and get one bought. They are brilliant, been using one for years.

Actually I use two in line so the resin lasts longer as I use the older resin as a pre filter in the first canister so the final one doesn't have to work as hard.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:18 pm Don't hesitate any longer and get one bought. They are brilliant, been using one for years.

Actually I use two in line so the resin lasts longer as I use the older resin as a pre filter in the first canister so the final one doesn't have to work as hard.
Agreed, and buy the refill online as Raceglaze are way too expensive.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.