G-Techniq Platinum for Porsche Dealer

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

I am in the process of purchasing my first Macan GTS (2016). The Porsche dealer has offered the G-Techniq Platinum treatment on the bodywork, wheels, carpets and leather seats. Has anyone experience of having this done at a dealer?
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver

davewf

Post by davewf »

I had and am very pleased with it, but don't pay what they are asking half the price and then haggle . Its about the only thing that you can negotiate price on in an OPC, oh and if you want Gap insurance I used ALA and I was very pleased with them when I changed my first Macan at 2 years old they credited the remaining insurance to the new one.

Obviously if you pay more a detailer will spend more time on it but for what I wanted it wasn't worth the extra.

Car is 3 years old never had any polish or wax on it and still looks fantastic.
GWDALBA

Post by GWDALBA »

Thanks good to know. They want £660 which is £100 less than my local G-Techiq detailer. Also for the extra convenience of having it done before picking the car up I thought it wasn’t too bad.
2016 Macan GTS in Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S 987 in GT Silver
davewf

Post by davewf »

I think because it is a 3 year old car probably best to let a detailer loose on it because he will properly polish it before he applies the Gtechniq.

Best to ask him exactly what he is going to do and compare that with what the OPC is going to do.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Don’t bother - the 992 is back there now for one of the problems to sort out because the job they did was rubbish.

They did it on my wife’s new Macan earlier in the year too which was better

It was only thing I got free on both cars but I definitely wouldn’t pay for it at any price.

Get money off elsewhere and get it to a detailer who will machine polish it first then apply on top of that

Porsche will just apply it on already aged bodywork.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

What is the paint condition like now, bright sunlight is best but none of that this time of year so get the car under the brightest light in the showroom or inspect closely with high powered LED torch. The surface should be ice smooth to the touch, check for swirls and surface marks on the clear coat, if not properly prepped beforehand ie cleaned, clayed and machine polished they are just sealing in over current surface condition which is the easiest part of the process. Ask them to explain how they will prep the car and compare that with your detailed quote. Final point, will only stay in top condition if you carefully clean it going forward, lots on here re correct cleaning process.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
andreas

Post by andreas »

GWDALBA wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:40 pm I am in the process of purchasing my first Macan GTS (2016). The Porsche dealer has offered the G-Techniq Platinum treatment on the bodywork, wheels, carpets and leather seats. Has anyone experience of having this done at a dealer?
G-Techniq Platinum was offered as a freeby when I bought my car new. Frankly, I don't think the dealer did anything to the car - I didn't get a G-Techniq warranty certificate. I certainly wouldn't let a dealer do it to a 3 year old car, that's a detailer's job.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
BrianwithPorsche

Post by BrianwithPorsche »

I've just taken delivery of a 2020 GTS and have had Gtecnniq CSBlack applied to the bodywork. This includes wheel treament, side glass and sun roof plus tailpipes. This cost me £970 via detailer, which was considerably cheaper than Platinum (which is an inferior treatment) via the dealer. CS Black is Ultra Serum plus Exo, giving the treatment a hard coat. It took the detailer 3 days to treat the car. I had similar treament on the 2017 GTS I traded in. It certainly helps to keep the bodywork in top condition.

A tip - I did not get the windscreen and rear window treated this time because after a while the wipers create a visible mark across the glass.

The detailer I use is a perfectionist, and said that the last car had quite a lot of tiny scratches, particualarly around the bonnet badge. The new one was much better except for the black plastic rear spoiler. He said that he has seen this before on Macan GTS models and may indicate some poor handling of the plastic component at manufacture. He's made it better!

IMG_7817-2.jpg

Last edited by BrianwithPorsche on Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 Macan GTS.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKJMQ56 + full Gtechniq. Traded in.

2020 Macan GTS. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLMEYBT3
BrianwithPorsche

Post by BrianwithPorsche »

Incidentally, if they are genuine Gtechniq approved detailers, they will give you a guarantee certificate which has a unique number. So if you didn't get one, they probably did nothing!
2017 Macan GTS.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKJMQ56 + full Gtechniq. Traded in.

2020 Macan GTS. http://www.porsche-code.com/PLMEYBT3
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above it’s a detailers job for sure.