Touchless Wheel cleaning

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Since I final rinse with filtered water I no longer dry and see zero water spots even when washed in bright sun.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

putt4par

Post by putt4par »

kmacuk wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 am Since I final rinse with filtered water I no longer dry and see zero water spots even when washed in bright sun.
New to this so please forgive, Is filtered water readily available?
happy days

Post by happy days »

putt4par wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am
kmacuk wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 am Since I final rinse with filtered water I no longer dry and see zero water spots even when washed in bright sun.

There's a good (long) thread on car cleaning - the filtration options are well discussed on there. Thankfully I live in a nice, soft water area.
Macan S D
718 S
Guy

Post by Guy »

happy days wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am There's a good (long) thread on car cleaning - the filtration options are well discussed on there. Thankfully I live in a nice, soft water area.
The thread's here: https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106

... but be careful, it's a slippery slope (or slippery soap :lol: )
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Guy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:45 am
happy days wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am There's a good (long) thread on car cleaning - the filtration options are well discussed on there. Thankfully I live in a nice, soft water area.
The thread's here: https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106

... but be careful, it's a slippery slope (or slippery soap :lol: )
Thanks for this, a long read for a winters night!
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

happy days wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am

There's a good (long) thread on car cleaning - the filtration options are well discussed on there. Thankfully I live in a nice, soft water area.
https://www.raceglaze.co.uk/race-glaze/400-litre-0ppm-car-washing-filter/

Used one of these for a few years. The resin lasts about a year but is obviously dependent of how often you wash your car. Refills about £40-50. It's a bugger to unscrew the top first time, so I put PTFE tape on the outlet to make it easier. The Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner looks like the Bilt Hamber stuff and is excellent.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Used one of these for a few years. The resin lasts about a year but is obviously dependent of how often you wash your car. Refills about £40-50. It's a bugger to unscrew the top first time, so I put PTFE tape on the outlet to make it easier. The Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner looks like the Bilt Hamber stuff and is excellent.
I 2nd that. I have the same unit, very good. Only use on final rinse.
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for the info very useful, In your year between refills what would you estimate your usage?
Cheers.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I have two cars to wash, my Macan and a VW Polo. Both cars are 'fettled' in the Spring i.e. paint prepared and cleaned and then polished and sealed so washing is easier. I use the filtered water for the final rinse and , of late, taken to filling a watering can with it as it seems to wash away the final soap residue better. I use Bilt Hamber car shampoo for that reason, it rinses off better and doesn't leave any residue like some other which are bulked up with salt. To answer your question, about a year before new resin is put in. I do know of some folk that have two bottles and connect them so the 'old' resin is in the first bottle and the new resin in the second. This may make it last longer. During the winter, I'll only wash them once every two-three weeks weather permitting. My next toy will be an air dryer. I currently use a leaf blower which is ok but takes an age.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:29 pm I have two cars to wash, my Macan and a VW Polo. Both cars are 'fettled' in the Spring i.e. paint prepared and cleaned and then polished and sealed so washing is easier. I use the filtered water for the final rinse and , of late, taken to filling a watering can with it as it seems to wash away the final soap residue better. I use Bilt Hamber car shampoo for that reason, it rinses off better and doesn't leave any residue like some other which are bulked up with salt. To answer your question, about a year before new resin is put in. I do know of some folk that have two bottles and connect them so the 'old' resin is in the first bottle and the new resin in the second. This may make it last longer. During the winter, I'll only wash them once every two-three weeks weather permitting. My next toy will be an air dryer. I currently use a leaf blower which is ok but takes an age.
Interesting. I do only a touchless wash in the winter and also use Bilt Hmaber wash - snow foam Gtechniq W4/W5 combo) bilt hamber wheel cleaner and Korrosol forfallout removal on the body work. Since I final rinse I no longer dry using a towel and just air dry