Quick Detail after strange insident............

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

People say I am quite unlucky. The day after collecting my first Porsche and driving to work disaster struck. Our company was having roofing work done and the contractor was spraying a plastic resin onto the roof in windy conditions. 11 cars got plastered in little plastic dots, thousands of dots all over the car in every hole and orifice. Glass, plastic trim, tyres you name it, it's covered.

After trying to wash it off I decided to try and polish it off. After 12 hours of work (2 of us) some of it was off but not all. Professional help was needed so off to Auto Detox in Stafford for a one day clean up and assessment. The car looks a lot better but it needs a further 4 days work. Some of the other cars affected also required 5 days total to put right. You are looking at almost £1000 to put it right and, as you can imagine, I am not paying and it's still in dispute.

I have used Auto Detox before and can highly recommend them.

Talk about taking the shine off your new car...........but we will get there.

_DSC3958_edited.jpg

_DSC3957_edited.jpg

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Its surprisingly common to find some plank spraying whatever with abandon over what ever is close. I live beside a farm and have to be realy careful when they are spraying the barns.
On a plus side looking at you photos confirm just how good a red Macan is with black sports classics.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Back for the 2nd stage of remedial work this week. 4 days of work to remove the remaining plastic residue followed by a 2 stage machine polish with ceramic coating. My proper camera was left at home some only my son's smartphone pictures. Have to say the paint looks 2 shades darker and really good. Finally get the feel-good factor about the car after soo long! Highly recommend Auto Detox, great job yet again. Looks quite good for a 3.5-year-old car...........

https://autodetox.co.uk/recent-work/

image00006_edited.jpg

image00005_edited.jpg

image00001_edited.jpg

2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Looking great :D :D :D
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Car looks amazing, hope all went well with the claim!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

What a stunner of a Macan! Reaffirms my affection for Carmine Red!

As you say, looking great for a 3.5 year old car! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

putt4par wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:02 am Car looks amazing, hope all went well with the claim!
Well they had not been paid so the ball was in our court. Our company have paid the £950 for 5 days work and are deducting it from the Roofing Companies bill. 3 others cars required exactly the same amount of work. All high end cars with ceramic coatings interestingly. The cars that were dirty the resin just washed off.......
putt4par

Post by putt4par »

Ti Rich wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:06 am
putt4par wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:02 am Car looks amazing, hope all went well with the claim!
Well they had not been paid so the ball was in our court. Our company have paid the £950 for 5 days work and are deducting it from the Roofing Companies bill. 3 others cars required exactly the same amount of work. All high end cars with ceramic coatings interestingly. The cars that were dirty the resin just washed off.......
Like it! Perhaps they will be a bit more careful going forwards and respect peoples property, really no excuses.