New to Porsche - Looking at Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

pmg wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:44 pm
GeeRam wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:07 pm
pmg wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:56 pm

I would not be 100% confident current Porsche V6 and v8 SUV engines can get past EU 7 requirements in current mform. I ssuspect that is what will kill off ICE SUV's rather than customer demand
There's still no confirmed timeline for EU7 though, EU wanted to bring it in in July 2025, but many of the manufacturers were lobbying against that because of the cost to existing development investment. If it is 2025, then likely Porsche will drop all ICE Macan's from order process by change-over to MY2025 next summer, to allow orders to be processed until following summer. If EU extends EU7 introduction then I'd say they'd extend ICE Macan production to suit.

I am in agreement with that. I just wanted to make the point that extension of Macan V6 ICE Macan EU sales may not be indefinite however much the market demand and EU7 or whatever implemented is likely to kill off new V6 ICE Macans before 2030.
Yep.
It depends on whether the idiots in the EU bother to listen.
If I understand it, the EU7 proposals are quite old, and were being devised before the head long rush into the end of ICE by 2035, which will render EU7 rather pointless after that anyway, and manufacturers were tying to pint out that there's no point in investing in EU7 ICE technology for such a short life, so what's the point of bringing in EU7. If they bring in EU7, that will kill ICE only anyway as you say way before 2030 or 2035.
New car sales could be decimated if that happens......until all manufacturers convert fully to ICE for the European market at least (apart from Italy of course) as they will still be making ICE stuff for other markets......which will cause them production problems.

andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:33 pm Watch this change when VAG stop making any profits and their sales fall through the floor ;)
This may be closer than anyone realises. VAG has historically made a lot of its profit in China, but that's all changed. Chinese buyers don't want VAG EVs, and the recently introduced Chinese 6B emission standards mean that VAG's ICE vehicles will be impossible to sell.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Porsche should really release a V8 or V12 Macan. That’s what people will want to buy in the few years left before governments force electric cars on us. Make the engine sound really good and give it bucketloads of torque.
nswallace

Post by nswallace »

Couldn’t agree more! Love my Macan GTS but can’t beat the noise I used to get from my RS4 & RS5!
nswallace

Post by nswallace »

Prob should have said V8 versions!
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Moriarty wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:20 pm Porsche should really release a V8 or V12 Macan. That’s what people will want to buy in the few years left before governments force electric cars on us. Make the engine sound really good and give it bucketloads of torque.
I think you might struggle to fit a V12 into a Macan shell.... ;)

Even a V8 might be a bit of a tight fit.
andreas

Post by andreas »

GeeRam wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:35 pm
I think you might struggle to fit a V12 into a Macan shell.... ;)

Even a V8 might be a bit of a tight fit.
Agree - even the V6 is quite a tight fit!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I'll settle for a 2.9 V6 in that lovely EV bodyshell .