New to Porsche - Looking at Macan EV

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
richarda0109

Post by richarda0109 »

Coming from Mercedes and looking at an EV to replace my daily driver.
Like the sound of the 100KWH battery.
When do I start approaching OPC's about this vehicle?
Is it too early, will it be nearer to the end of the year?
Thanks.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

richarda0109 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:05 am Coming from Mercedes and looking at an EV to replace my daily driver.
Like the sound of the 100KWH battery.
When do I start approaching OPC's about this vehicle?
Thanks.
Welcome! The general wisdom seems to be that officially dealers only take deposits and orders AFTER the official launch of a new model, however, some maybe doing so "unofficially" already! So never too soon, although other opinions suggest you might be better to wait until the country has a useable charging network, unless of course you just need a shopping car and can do all your charging at home.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
andreas

Post by andreas »

richarda0109 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:05 am
You can try to get your name on the list any time, but I reckon you'd be very brave to buy one of the first Macan EVs - it will probably have many software and hardware issues. Better to wait a couple of years after launch, by which time Porsche might have sorted it.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
richarda0109

Post by richarda0109 »

andreas wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:40 am
richarda0109 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:05 am
You can try to get your name on the list any time, but I reckon you'd be very brave to buy one of the first Macan EVs - it will probably have many software and hardware issues. Better to wait a couple of years after launch, by which time Porsche might have sorted it.
Waiting is a little difficult.

London ULEZ is fast approaching and I could probably wait 12 months since I don't go into London that often with my current daily driver which isn't ULEZ compliant.
I was hoping that the gremlins in the current Taycan would mean that Porsche would have sorted them out on the new Macan EV. Obviously, if we are talking apples and pears then we might be looking at a host of new issues.

For me end of year (Nov / Dec) time would be perfect.
As said before daily use (school run / shopping) is what I would be using it for. I would also like to use it to go to our home in Spain hence the battery size otherwise I would probably choose a BMW i3s.
I have read many Tesla owners do European journeys without issues.
Already have a home charger and my electricity tariff is all set for an EV.
If I was staying with Mercedes then it would be an EQC which would be a compromise since its size (too big) and range (under 300 miles) doesn't quite work.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The current petrol Macan is fully ULEZ compliant ;)

However if I went EV I'd probably choose a Tesla Model Y simply because the whole package seems to work. But I wouldn't buy an EV, you will loose a ton of money. Try and lease one instead ;)
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

The OPC I bought my Macan from have been taking £1k deposits for a while now, don’t know if all OPC’s are tho….
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I'm sure a franchised OPC would love to hold on to your £1000 for an unspecified and undetermined, but no doubt lengthy, period of time.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I doubt this has any offcial bearing either. I suspect existing customers and those using the Porsche Finanace package will still get precedence ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would not touch the Macan EV with the Bargepole.

Too big a leap into the unknown and as it is VW related, it will likely be Buggy.

Give it time to be released and to prove itself.

Meanwhile lease any other EV that you fancy but for long trips Tesla would be my suggestion as the one to consider.

I thought that the Beamer i3 had been discontinued and after I drove one there is no way I would drive across the Eu in one, it is way to small.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:00 pm But I wouldn't buy an EV, you will loose a ton of money. Try and lease one instead ;)
Lease rates will be set to recover the anticipated huge depreciation.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)