Audi eTron 40 S-Line

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Cobnapint wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:08 pm Or on a country B road where you want to 'borrow' a bit of the opposite carriageway. Or anywhere where you want to change lane without pointlessly indicating.

It always defaults to 'on' but there are places that'll code it out if required.
You don't even need to be over the white line for it to start pulling at the wheel. As Col says, it's bloody dangerous.

My other half's audi has it. You don't need to code it out...just press a button on the end of the left stalk and it turns off.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

Cobnapint

Post by Cobnapint »

Well that's quite handy then, but many are squirreled away in sub menus.
MY23 Macan S
2012 Cayenne Diesel
2009 997.2 C4S Cab pdk
2006 997.1 C2S Man
2006 SLK 350 (factory collect)
2004 350Z
1999 Audi TT 225
1990 944 Turbo (250)
1990 Celica GT4
happy days

Post by happy days »

In Spain a few months ago I had a T-Roc (or something beginning with T) which had lane keeper installed. Pain in the hole. I went to pass a cyclist and the nanny pulled me back in and I nearly hit him. What an absolute load of nonsense! Thankfully it could be turned off with a few buttons, but what a pain it was to find out how while on the move.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As I have said often enough if ones driving is so poor that one needs to specify Lane Keep Assist or Speed Limit Warning then the cash spent on these options would offer far better VFM if it was invested in a Driving Course with the IAM where ones limited observation techniques would be worked upon to make one a vastly safer driver on the road.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:46 am As I have said often enough if ones driving is so poor that one needs to specify Lane Keep Assist or Speed Limit Warning then the cash spent on these options would offer far better VFM if it was invested in a Driving Course with the IAM where ones limited observation techniques would be worked upon to make one a vastly safer driver on the road.
Exactly. If your driving is that poor that you need all these safety systems, then quite frankly, you shouldn’t have a driving licence.

The knock on effect of all these safety systems, is that people switch off. Then when the systems fail, they end up crashing, as they can’t react fast enough.

And they are pushing autonomous cars. How long before the EU start announcing dates that all cars have to be fitted with it?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:03 am
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:46 am As I have said often enough if ones driving is so poor that one needs to specify Lane Keep Assist or Speed Limit Warning then the cash spent on these options would offer far better VFM if it was invested in a Driving Course with the IAM where ones limited observation techniques would be worked upon to make one a vastly safer driver on the road.
Exactly. If your driving is that poor that you need all these safety systems, then quite frankly, you shouldn’t have a driving licence.

The knock on effect of all these safety systems, is that people switch off. Then when the systems fail, they end up crashing, as they can’t react fast enough.

And they are pushing autonomous cars. How long before the EU start announcing dates that all cars have to be fitted with it?
I remember the YUPPIE clowns in the 80’s, more money than road sense.

Them buying a whale tail 911 and then wrapping it up as they lost its tail happy rear end.

All the now standard and optional safety features like traction control, ptv etc give a poor driver the sense that their on road ability is better than it actually is.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Blackhole128

Post by Blackhole128 »

I had the later gen TT Quattro for seven years before getting my Macan. I still miss the "everything in the binnacle" screen and the comprehensive steering wheel controls and find the Macan's touchscreen (and lack of all the controls I would like on the steering wheel) to be distracting. I imagine that the eTron having the extra centre screen has made matters unnecessarily more complicated than they need to be and moved features and functions over to the middle screen where they could be better done on the main binnacle?

The TT was as fast in a straight line as my Macan S, but was much more 'flickable' on the bends being so light and low of course. The ride quality (combined with seats that didn't support very well) was destroying my back daily due to the local council's pothole collection and how hard the ride was - one major reason I switched to the Macan, though sadly too late to save me from an impending spinal surgery. (Seriously!)

The drive selection - whether ECO, Comfort, Auto, Dynamic or individual - only adjusted things like throttle response, gear changes, steering resistance, braking effect, and fake engine noise - there was no installable option for air suspension to alter the damping or ride quality. Unless your loan E-tron had the Air Suspension option, there would be a similar set of mostly pointless tweaks which explains the lack of useful change to the ride quality or handling you found.

Col - I don't know if you've had chance to drive a Taycan yet as a loaner, but it's worth trying one out if you get the chance. No way would I think of buying one at the minute due to depreciation/insurance/price/lack of infrastructure/running costs, but it doesn't stop me lusting after a nice Turbo S since trying one out. It was lower to get into, but I reckon even more comfortable than my air-suspension Macan in the hour or two that I had it.
2019 Macan S Gen2 with lots of toys.
Audi TT TFSI Quattro S-Tronic from new for 7 years.
BMW Z4 Sdrive23i (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top) for 4 years.
Toyota MR-2 Gen3 for 140000 miles.
Mazda RX-7 Gen 2 for 3 engines :D
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

I've noticed, when driving behind E-Trons, that the rear bounces up and down considerably. I've come to watch out for this feature now when I see one.

As an aside... Teslas always seem to be so slow? Range anxiety perhaps?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

DJMCUK wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:38 pm I've noticed, when driving behind E-Trons, that the rear bounces up and down considerably. I've come to watch out for this feature now when I see one.

As an aside... Teslas always seem to be so slow? Range anxiety perhaps?
I think the difference with the Teslas is that their published range is the most accurate of all EVs and drivers know they actually have a chance of getting to their destination without stopping if driven carefully. For most others a stop is inevitable so it’s irrelevant 😉
Macan S MY 2023