Macan EV Official Launch Date!

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Monaco2323 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:35 pm
MCDK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:02 am Nope to all of that!! 28000 miles into EV ownership and no anxiety, no driving to conserve energy, no waiting or searching for chargers! Simply plug it in while I work or sleep and it’s really quite easy but of course the nay slayers who haven’t owned one maybe know better 😀

Its great EV ownership works for you,
It does not for others with completely different lifestyles/needs"

for me does not work, as driving through Europe ( 12 long trips a year) is hell on earth with a " EV "...

For example:

I was on a roadtrip
I drove my A5 coupe, a friend drove with his Tesla X from Amsterdam to Monaco, a 1400KM ride:
- Shitty Range
- Shitty Chargers
- Conserving Energy is a must
- he had constant range Anxiety
- Looking for a charging point, arriving at cet point, only to be waiting in a queues with other ' EV people'

Never again wil i drive a roadtrip with an EV amongst the group....

Going twice coming months, not with an EV in our group...

as it truly sucks to a be an EV driver on long distances.......
…just don’t buy one then… 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Monaco2323

Post by Monaco2323 »

Jon A wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:57 pm
Monaco2323 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:35 pm
MCDK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:02 am Nope to all of that!! 28000 miles into EV ownership and no anxiety, no driving to conserve energy, no waiting or searching for chargers! Simply plug it in while I work or sleep and it’s really quite easy but of course the nay slayers who haven’t owned one maybe know better 😀

Its great EV ownership works for you,
It does not for others with completely different lifestyles/needs"

for me does not work, as driving through Europe ( 12 long trips a year) is hell on earth with a " EV "...

For example:

I was on a roadtrip
I drove my A5 coupe, a friend drove with his Tesla X from Amsterdam to Monaco, a 1400KM ride:
- Shitty Range
- Shitty Chargers
- Conserving Energy is a must
- he had constant range Anxiety
- Looking for a charging point, arriving at cet point, only to be waiting in a queues with other ' EV people'

Never again wil i drive a roadtrip with an EV amongst the group....

Going twice coming months, not with an EV in our group...

as it truly sucks to a be an EV driver on long distances.......
…just don’t buy one then… 🤷‍♂️
yep as unfortunately on long distances it has only disadvantages
-----------------------------
On order : 992 Carrera S
Current : 2024 Macan

Ex cars:
2018 White Audi A5 45 TSFI Quattro Coupe
2015 Scuba Blue Audi TT
2016 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Moriarty wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:34 pm I was thinking the other day that a car isn’t transport - it’s freedom. That’s how I felt when I bought my first car, and I still feel that way today. I’m not sure an EV would feel like freedom, though. Limited range, anxiety, driving to conserve energy, searching for a charger that is working and waiting for one to become free, waiting nearly an hour to get a useful fill.

An EV will get you to the office or the shops, and it might save you some money if you restrict yourself to those journeys, but will it really give you the same sense of freedom - the open road, going wherever you want, whenever you want, just to see what’s there? Or will EV owners gradually give up those spontaneous adventures because it’s too inconvenient?

We don’t have much freedom in our lives. I’m glad I have my car.
A car only does part of that job, for freedom on the road there is and can be only one mode of transport and that is two wheels, ideally with an engine under you.

My motorcycles had a range of 150 to 200 miles and in that distance we could cover a vast amount of the Pennines, Dales, Lake District all without filling up and no car can give the joy that riding a motorcycle can.

So an EV with a 200 to 250 mile real world range should not cause any significant issue that would lead to concern or anxiety.

OK if you drive a Macan EV and live in London and want to go up the M1 and M6, charging is not an issue, exit at j35 of the M6 where the OPC is at the end of the slip road, charge up whilst having a coffee and browse of the cars then on your way.

Similar going straight up the M1 as Leeds OPC is not that far off the motorway then further North along the A19 to Newcastle OPC for a quick boost charge.

Either route should give you enough charge to get to Glasgow or Edinburgh

What range anxiety
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Can’t imagine many of the pensioners on here driving non stop to the Alps in one day 😂😂

And I think it been well talked on here and agreed by all that any EV buyer should have access to a home or workplace charger. Charged mine this morning at work and it cost me not a penny 😀. Try filling up at your workplace with petrol for free and see how long your employment lasts.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

MCDK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm Can’t imagine many of the pensioners on here driving non stop to the Alps in one day 😂😂

And I think it been well talked on here and agreed by all that any EV buyer should have access to a home or workplace charger. Charged mine this morning at work and it cost me not a penny 😀. Try filling up at your workplace with petrol for free and see how long your employment lasts.
I don’t think you’ll be smiling when your employer sees his electricity bill and starts charging you to ‘fill up’!! 🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MCDK wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm Can’t imagine many of the pensioners on here driving non stop to the Alps in one day 😂😂

That ain’t free mate, that’s a “benefit in kind” I do hope you are completing your tax return correctly 😳

By order of HMRC 😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:12 pm

That ain’t free mate, that’s a “benefit in kind” I do hope you are completing your tax return correctly 😳

By order of HMRC 😂😂
Currently a tax free BIK, but trust me, it won't be long before that tax man starts sniffing around these EV perks and collects his pound of flesh. Already the car benefit is going from 2% to 5% from 2025-2028 and RFL from 2025 i think. Won't be long before its 10%+. Make hay while the sun shines.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:12 pm

By order of HMRC 😂😂
As already mentioned Mike you aren’t up to date with BIK rules. Electricity is not classed as “fuel” therefore there is no charge!
As regards electricity costs at work it’s not an issue as a charge is very little money and often comes from the solar panels anyway.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

With all these perks business owners of EV’s are getting, it’s no wonder private buyers are shunning these vehicles!!

IMHO, if the government is serious about getting us all into EV’s, then it should immediately make it a level playing field for all buyers, so we can all play by the same rules!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

AllanG wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:11 am With all these perks business owners of EV’s are getting, it’s no wonder private buyers are shunning these vehicles!!

IMHO, if the government is serious about getting us all into EV’s, then it should immediately make it a level playing field for all buyers, so we can all play by the same rules!
Does that mean chargers at other peoples work should be banned, or your work should be forced to provide them?? 😶
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0