Macan EV Official Launch Date!

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Jon A wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:26 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:22 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:19 pm
Not seeing it quite as a “nightmare” 😂
We have six chargers at work and more EV’s than that and zero problems so far in fairness.
I don’t drive an EV but neither will I find any ridiculous excuse to put them down either. 🙄
Indeed not, you're sounding like an EV evangelist these days, the 911 must be getting worried :)
Hardly Neil, but I am a fan of balance in any debate. Reading the absolute drivel that some folks spout on here is laughable - seemingly trying to find any way they can to knock an EV instead of just exercising a simple choice to not buy one of it doesn’t suit, in the same way I do too as it doesn’t suit me.
Of course all this bashing is coming from folks who have never owned one… 😂
I'm very happy with my garage :)
Macan
Taycan Turbo

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:10 pm Workplace EV charging, now there is a huge issue.

Who installs?

Who pays for the electricity used?

Full Company ownership of the building and car park should be straightforward, EV installs for the CEO and Directors at their reserved parking spaces and a couple of “Token” others for the plebs.

Large multi occupancy buildings, Landlord pays, tenants rent goes up, now usually in car parks and common areas the Landlord pays the utility bills and recharges the tenants on a pro-rata basis.

Then there needs to be a Churn system in place with a max 4 hour parking which will need Policing. This is the case at a Hospital I go to and walk past the two EV charge bays where the sign limits stay to 4hours, the bays are right next to the Site Security office and opposite the Site Facilities Office.
Why do people think their company should pay for them to charge their EV's up at work. I would have thought the Directors would do this, as well, they are the directors. But why should they pay for Kath in accounts to charge up her crap Nissan Leaf?

TBH, the whole charge thing. I'm surprised there hasn't been more reported incidents with people getting frustrate with people hogging the chargers. There is one charge point in a carpark in Grasmere. We often park up, go for a few hours walks, and when we return the same car that was on charge when we arrived, is still there, plugged in. So, they've obviously parked up, plugged in, then gone out for the day walking, stopping anyone else from using the charge point.

We stayed in a holiday cottage last year. Few cottages all next to each other. Signs up saying EV charging is forbidden. Yet, someone had a plug sticking out of a window, charging up their EV. Why do they think the owner should be footing the bill to charge up their car? Maintenance van just happened to drive past, stop, and knock on the door to said cottage. Car quickly taken off charge. Yet, hours later, same plug was back hanging out of the window charging up their car.

Are EV drivers going to be considered as selfish as smokers?
happy days

Post by happy days »

My office has installed 8 charging points with absolutely no facility to enable anyone now or in the future to either monitor use or to accept payments for charging up. Free motoring for those who have EVs.
Macan S D
718 S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

wab172uk wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:48 am
Col Lamb wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:10 pm Workplace EV charging, now there is a huge issue.

Who installs?

Who pays for the electricity used?

Full Company ownership of the building and car park should be straightforward, EV installs for the CEO and Directors at their reserved parking spaces and a couple of “Token” others for the plebs.

Large multi occupancy buildings, Landlord pays, tenants rent goes up, now usually in car parks and common areas the Landlord pays the utility bills and recharges the tenants on a pro-rata basis.

Then there needs to be a Churn system in place with a max 4 hour parking which will need Policing. This is the case at a Hospital I go to and walk past the two EV charge bays where the sign limits stay to 4hours, the bays are right next to the Site Security office and opposite the Site Facilities Office.
Why do people think their company should pay for them to charge their EV's up at work. I would have thought the Directors would do this, as well, they are the directors. But why should they pay for Kath in accounts to charge up her crap Nissan Leaf?

TBH, the whole charge thing. I'm surprised there hasn't been more reported incidents with people getting frustrate with people hogging the chargers. There is one charge point in a carpark in Grasmere. We often park up, go for a few hours walks, and when we return the same car that was on charge when we arrived, is still there, plugged in. So, they've obviously parked up, plugged in, then gone out for the day walking, stopping anyone else from using the charge point.

We stayed in a holiday cottage last year. Few cottages all next to each other. Signs up saying EV charging is forbidden. Yet, someone had a plug sticking out of a window, charging up their EV. Why do they think the owner should be footing the bill to charge up their car? Maintenance van just happened to drive past, stop, and knock on the door to said cottage. Car quickly taken off charge. Yet, hours later, same plug was back hanging out of the window charging up their car.

Are EV drivers going to be considered as selfish as smokers?
With the EV charge points in a public car park I would have thought that the charger unit could be set up to limit the time and after the expiry of the allotted time then an punitive hourly rate of say £50 for the first hour or part thereof and £75/hour thereafter, charge point hogging solved.

It is naive of holiday cottage owners not to allow charging, they take an electric meter reading before and after and charge for excessive consumption. It is not as though they are not going to have to get used to renters with EV cars, in fact it is very inconsiderate of the cottage owners not to provide an EV charging unit.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Company I worked for had a contract to build 8 two bedroom social housing units, each one with a charging point at their alloted parking space. I'm all for forward planning , and no offence to anybody, but I don't think that any of the tennants are going to be in a posiition to buy an EV.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am Company I worked for had a contract to build 8 two bedroom social housing units, each one with a charging point at their alloted parking space. I'm all for forward planning , and no offence to anybody, but I don't think that any of the tennants are going to be in a posiition to buy an EV.
If they are in Wales it's probably a Drakeford regulation :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am Company I worked for had a contract to build 8 two bedroom social housing units, each one with a charging point at their alloted parking space. I'm all for forward planning , and no offence to anybody, but I don't think that any of the tennants are going to be in a posiition to buy an EV.
Agreed - right now, but its good to see that these chargers are starting to be put in to facilitate the expected growth of EV ownership. We can't moan about not enough chargers and then find fault when they are installed. I do think that this idea should not just be in respect of social housing though.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Perhaps also to cater for "works" provided EV vans and cars.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Taycan 2 now on configurator with bigger battery and more range.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Jon A wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:00 pm Taycan 2 now on configurator with bigger battery and more range.
Turbo S now pushing out 939bhp. Has to be totally mental. Mine is 600 ish and already far too fast 😀