10% Discount on GAP Insurance, Tyre, Alloy, Insurance

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I hope that you didn't make my Emma cry...!?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

She looked a bit cheesed off, but I put that down to the fact that she had to get the bus home 'cause someone had nicked her Beemer.. Wink

No GAP, no paint protection, no tyre and wheel insurance.. I didn't bother asking for any freebies.. LOL
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

She looked a bit cheesed off, but I put that down to the fact that she had to get the bus home 'cause someone had nicked her Beemer.. Wink

No GAP, no paint protection, no tyre and wheel insurance..  I didn't bother asking for any freebies.. LOL

I'll be the same, politely declining all of her kind offers of insurance products etc.

Although they did let me use two £10 gift vouchers on one purchase.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

The Porsche tyre and wheel insurance ( if you have diamond cut wheels) is actually IMHO the best deal, already have 50% back on one no quibble tyre claim and a great service support 👌No complaints.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

The Porsche tyre and wheel insurance ( if you have diamond cut wheels) is actually IMHO the best deal, already have 50% back on one no quibble tyre claim and a great service support 👌No complaints.

Good to hear.
I managed to get the best deal from my OPC for alloy Wheel and Tyre cover (3 year policy) at a lot less than anywhere else and also a better policy too. You dont hear that often.
1 Tyre claim and it will more or less pay for itself.

Each OPC is different for these products and use different companies and prices so always worth a check but if the price is good its worth it as it can all be handled via your OPC.
GTS 😀
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

No GAP, no paint protection, no tyre and wheel insurance.. I didn't bother asking for any freebies.. LOL

Are we twins???? The finance man at the dealership called me yesterday to discuss all these extras, after declining them all, he sort of lost interest in me and suggested I just deal with the SE, fair enough. He did send me the Minor Damage Repair insurance, 2yrs for £299. Like all these things, lots of exclusions.

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

No GAP, no paint protection, no tyre and wheel insurance..  I didn't bother asking for any freebies.. LOL

Are we twins???? The finance man at the dealership called me yesterday to discuss all these extras, after declining them all, he sort of lost interest in me and suggested I just deal with the SE, fair enough. He did send me the Minor Damage Repair insurance, 2yrs for £299. Like all these things, lots of exclusions.

Well, he would, if you don't want to buy the only products he's employed to sell he's not going to invite you home for ☕️ is he
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
banbury

Post by banbury »

Just taken out the GAP with ALA. Unfortunately I was too late to qualify for the Tyre and Wheel Insurance. My own fault - Car is 64 days old and you need to have applied for the Tyre & Wheel within 30. Doh!
Anyways I have the GAP - although I hope I never need it...
Thanks for the original post as I did get a discount Smile
steve w

Post by steve w »

You makes your choice and take your chance ,I scuffled a 21in Black Classic (diamond cut) on Macan 1 ,the dealership took complete overview of the repair and loaned me a vehicle for three days whilst mine was off the road,you hope to never use the cover but it's there if need be ,I got 3years GAP/ TYRE/ WHEEL insurance for £595 from Sheffield Porsche but I'd spent £130k with them in 15 month,I didn't take out the Scuff/Chip etc insurance and have just had to fork out for a scuff on the rear bumper which someone had done for me which would have more than paid for itself if I'd took out the body damage insurance.
SteveW
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Well I guess that at least they phoned to discuss the extras with you. My previous experience with Mercedes was that the SE presented me with an invoice with the extras included, then blamed the Business Manager for "forgetting NOT to include them". The onus was then upon ME to persuade the BM that I really didn't want paint protection, gap etc. Talk about hard sell..!! Angry Angry

At least my OPC were very relaxed about whether I took the extras or not. Thumbs Up
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)