Final GTS spec queries

All your ordering information here!
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

Finalizing our GTS spec (I say our as mainly my wife's car, although I am having most of the fun with the configurator...) and have a couple of final queries.

Vast majority of my questions already answered from reading many useful threads on this very informative forum (e.g. from not going to spec a collapsible 18" spare I am (ooops "we are") now going to !) but a couple remain as follows;

- Entry and Drive

Read up lots on this. I would not bother but my wife is keen due to not fishing for keys to get the car open. My main query is security - is this anything like the same system that has led to so many Range Rover thefts ? If it's more secure we will probably add it, if a significant secruity risk then will give it a pass.

- Smoking Pack

The sales guy recommended speccing this for the same reason flagged elsewhere on this forum - it completes a nicer look to the central console. However, the configurator says it then deletes the two USB sockets in the rear compartment ? If anyone can confirm that would be great and if they are deleted is there anywhere for kids in the back to charge devices ?

- GTS interior pack

Going for Rhodium Silver outside and really like the look of the full leather GTS pack with Rhodium Silver seat belts - seen that interior recently on some great photos on the forum - but it looks like the centre rear belt is still black !? To my eye it should be silver but it's clearly black on the configurator and in the brochure. Is there any way to get that in Rhodium Silver to match the other 4 belts ?

Think that's the lot !

Any advice greatly appreciated.

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

We took delivery of our Macan back in October and specced the smokers pack and it arrived with two USB sockets In The rear centre console.

Historically I think the std fit was a 12v socket so I was armed with a little adaptor so the kids could charge the gadgets. It was a pleasant surprise to see the USB points

You would expect this not to have changed. I did think it was odd that having got the smokers pack, there are no lighters or ashtrays in the rear of the car. Not sure why they do not now call it the 'neaten up centre console and keep kids happy in the back' pack !!!!
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
microbe

Post by microbe »

My December S has the smokers pack and 2 USB sockets in the back
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

We took delivery of our Macan back in October and specced the smokers pack and it arrived with two USB sockets In The rear centre console.

Historically I think the std fit was a 12v socket so I was armed with a little adaptor so the kids could charge the gadgets. It was a pleasant surprise to see the USB points

You would expect this not to have changed. I did think it was odd that having got the smokers pack, there are no lighters or ashtrays in the rear of the car. Not sure why they do not now call it the 'neaten up centre console and keep kids happy in the back' pack !!!!

Many thanks for that confirmation gtipirelli, that is good to know as if it deleted the rear USBs I think we would have lived with an untidy console.

Know what you mean about the name. I don't smoke and would never buy a car that had been smoked in, so a bit weird speccing the "smokers pack" just to tidy up the console !

By the way when the "ash tray" is opened is there room to drop a phone in ?

Thx again
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

My December S has the smokers pack and 2 USB sockets in the back

Awesome. Thx microbe. Great to know.
steve w

Post by steve w »

We have the GTS interior with silver stiching,looks great ,silly money but you either pay it or go without,why the rear centre seat belt is not silver to match the others is beyond me,dare say you could purchase a silver belt to match if it was a big issue to you.
SteveW
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above the central seat belt is black which is pure crazy given you spend nearly 2.5 grand on the GTS interior.

And the lid for the ashtray is well worth buying but the chubby hole is all but useless as it's very small and too small for a phone.
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

We have the GTS interior with silver stiching,looks great ,silly money but you either pay it or go without,why the rear centre seat belt is not silver to match the others is beyond me,dare say you could purchase a silver belt to match if it was a big issue to you.
SteveW

Guess I'll be living with a black central belt ! If I could spec one in silver I would but doubt I'll get round to trying to find an aftermarket one to fit...love the look of the interior regardless.

Thanks for the reply !
95BFan

Post by 95BFan »

As above the central seat belt is black which is pure crazy given you spend nearly 2.5 grand on the GTS interior.

And the lid for the ashtray is well worth buying but the chubby hole is all but useless as it's very small and too small for a phone.

Thanks MCDK. Guess it's the side pocket for the iPhone then. These days we shouldn't be going near them anyway !
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glovebox
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018