Porsche Connect registration issues solved

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Confused

Porsche Bulletin

The customer must visit the workshop for campaign WG47

You must check that you have the customer's correct Email address and mobile number in C@P.

You must also check the status of 'Commercial Owner' and 'Porsche Block' - both of these flags will stop the customer invitation

The
customer will then be automatically added to the pool of invitations.
Although, as many customers are being invited, it may take a few weeks
to get the email out to the customer.

The customer must then register on the Portal and activate the services.

They can then start using the full Connect Services and their 24 month free period starts.

I did not go to any workshop.

A few weeks ago I got an email from Porsche asking me to log into the online Connect portal which I did.

Clicked here and there then the next time I went to the Turbo I initiated what the system advised and hey presto a whole host of new Apps that I am sure I could not live without.

Just checked the Porsche recall page and there is no active recalls on my motor.

The Confused bit for me is ................ Am I missing something?

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

goron59

Post by goron59 »

You already had the required updates and your details were obviously correct.

Simple really.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Cheers Goron, it was the .......... visit workshop......... that was the confusing bit, why did they just not post that a return to the OPC was for users with PCM software prior to version XXXX?

So for all you other folks September 2016 Builds will probably not require an OPC visit
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

No. Mine was a April 2016 build and not ok.
No need to muddy this any further. If you don't have it , take this info to your OPC - it's language they will understand , even if you don't.
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I'm somewhat confused as well but for a different reason.
Mine is a 911 and must have been early-ish 2016 build because I needed the software update - all done.
Got the email, logged on to the web site etc and I have the 8 digit activation code from the portal , but I can't find where exactly in the car PCM menu system I should stuff it.
Under "apps" on the screen, I have 12 apps, and according to the web site, there should be 18.
My "Connect app" and "PCM connect" work fine.
A pointer would be appreciated.

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mine is a 911 and must have been early-ish 2016 build because I needed the software update - all done.
Got the email, logged on to the web site etc and I have the 8 digit activation code from the portal , but I can't find where exactly in the car PCM menu system I should stuff it.
Under "apps" on the screen, I have 12 apps, and according to the web site, there should be 18.

With the Macan, when you're on the apps screen, push the OPT button and there will be an option to Log in, Change User, etc.

You use the PIN at that point and can opt to do so every time, store the PIN or associate it with your phone via bluetooth.

The OPT menu also shows the status of the service with expiry dates.

The number of apps will certainly vary, and I think the website tries to explain that, but not very well.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

With the Macan, when you're on the apps screen, push the OPT button and there will be an option to Log in, Change User, etc.

You use the PIN at that point and can opt to do so every time, store the PIN or associate it with your phone via bluetooth.

The OPT menu also shows the status of the service with expiry dates.

The number of apps will certainly vary, and I think the website tries to explain that, but not very well.

Will try this later, thanks for the reply.

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

With the new-to-us Turbo we got the Connect Plus as a standard option and we have until August 2019 to use it before we have to pay subscription. So I thought why not use it and stuck my teeth into it because Send-to-car is very useful, plus uploading personal POI's (points of interest) . The other apps are not as useful to us.

I was so confused by it all, because only 9 apps showed on the Home page of the PCM under Apps. So I called the nice people in Berlin who service the Porsche Connect services and the nice lady guided me where to find the rest of the apps (meant to have 18). She herself admitted that it's not the best user interface as the rest of the 18 apps / services are hidden deeply in sub-menus and options. E.g. Portal Personal POI's are hidden in Nav, then Favourites and then swipe the screen to the right to reveal Stored destinations and there it is.

But now I established a system, where I log in to my Porsche Connect Portal on my computer and configure my News and personal POI's and they then synchronize with the car, just need to refresh them in the car, now I know where to find them.

She did mention that they get lots of complaints (understandably) and that their IT are working on improvements where you should be able to customize where your apps show on the PCM, just like on an iPhone. But you will probably have to buy the new Cayenne for that. ;)

I do not think that we will bother with the Car Connect App that is serviced by Vodafone Automotive.

But I am a happy bunny now I got to the bottom of it. Do not hesitate to call the Porsche Connect Services in Berlin on the UK numbers that Goron posted on the 1st page of this thread, they are helpful.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0