What's your worst rattle?

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
goron59

Post by goron59 »

B737NGWS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:32 pm
DNR17 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm Agree B737NGWS, disappointing lose sound from the front doors, not the quality thunk you would expect...
Well I am sort of glad it's not just me but agree they should 'thunk' shut!
Mine thunk. No rattle. Unless the husband leaves crap in the door pockets.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

I must be the exception as there are no rattles at all. In fact, it is so quiet, I notice every single little rattle in my Golf that sounds like a bag of bolts over the Macan

I used to think the golf was well put together
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Moopie23

Post by Moopie23 »

Not a rattle but recently I've noticed a loud wind noise coming through the air vents when the air con is on, like a wind resistance type of noise. Turning the air con off stops it, but it starts again when the air con goes back on. Can't hear it with the radio up but it is quite intrusive otherwise.

Anyone else?
Pete

Post by Pete »

The creaking of the air suspension settling into position. That's it for me.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

gtipirelli wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:12 am I must be the exception as there are no rattles at all. In fact, it is so quiet, I notice every single little rattle in my Golf that sounds like a bag of bolts over the Macan

I used to think the golf was well put together
+1 except the comparison car is a Tiguan.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Moopie23 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am Not a rattle but recently I've noticed a loud wind noise coming through the air vents when the air con is on, like a wind resistance type of noise. Turning the air con off stops it, but it starts again when the air con goes back on. Can't hear it with the radio up but it is quite intrusive otherwise.

Anyone else?
Mmmmmmmmm! I was suspecting the door window seal on the drivers side as I can hear wind noise around 70mph. Will check that it's not the A/C as you have mentioned next time I am out and report back. I had been running the A/C on 'LO' or certainly cool when hearing the wind noise so that certainly may be it.
Last edited by B737NGWS on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I have a slightly annoying rattle coming from somewhere towards the glove box or possibly the center console. Not sure what it is though.
LLL

Post by LLL »

I had some annoying rattling noises in my previous Macan. I think I successfully located the rattling to come from under the bonnet. It got a lot worse when I pushed the throttle. The rattling completely disappeared when I stopped at a red light and the auto start/stop did kick in. Talked to people at the OPC, but they were not able to locate and rectify the rattling noises.

Just had to add a bit of sarcasm. Don't take it too seriously :mrgreen:
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

My worst rattle started at 6000 miles, coming from the drivers side, a big plastic cover which goes from the footwell up to the under side of the dash. it seems to be only secured in three sides, the bottom just fits over the brake and accelerator pedal arms. I have stuck it with double sided tape twice now which stops it buzzing for a while. A bit pish poor really. That and my deteriorating black tailpipes are my only complaints after 9 months and 10,000 miles
Macan GTS Black 2016
911 Carrera 2 cabrio (997) 2017 :D
B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Rickenbacker wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:33 am My worst rattle started at 6000 miles, coming from the drivers side, a big plastic cover which goes from the footwell up to the under side of the dash. it seems to be only secured in three sides, the bottom just fits over the brake and accelerator pedal arms. I have stuck it with double sided tape twice now which stops it buzzing for a while. A bit pish poor really. That and my deteriorating black tailpipes are my only complaints after 9 months and 10,000 miles
3M VHB - that 'bugger' will never come unstuck! Used it on exact same place on mine to attach plastic to metal - just once!